Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs are pausing at random moments

Songs are pausing at random moments

Since the last update, I have a really big issue on my Spotify app... I don't know why the songs are pausing suddenly when I'm listening to music. Both offline and online music are pausing in different moments. I don't know what's happening... I have already uninstalled the Spotify app, I've rebooted my phone and nothing changes. I have a Spotify Premium account. Hope someone could give me a solution. It is a really annoying issue.

11 Replies

Hi, I have the exact same problem and I don't know what to do. I was looking for help too

Same problem here

Try updating if you haven't already. That worked for me.

Same here. The last update didn't fix it. It's really annoying when you put a playlist on and have to keep going back to your fone to press play again

I've updated and even reset my entire phone. Didn't fixed.

Hello there! Try to log out on all other devices, Spotify has a built-in option for that. As you can only listen on one device at the same time, music will pause when other devices start playing. If this is not the problem I think you have to seek for network problems
Kind regards,
Felix

-- Please mark as solution and/or add kudos if it helped you --

I did looged out from all of my devices (only my phone and my computer). Didn't fixed.

And how can it be network problem, if even with my offline music this occurs? It's not network.

In my case I fixed the problem with changed settings in CleanMaster:

Me - Settings - Phone Boost: Auto Battery Saver OFF.

(Just had realized that the problems occured also in other music apps and even the flashlight turned itself off after some time...)

In your case it also might be any other app with battery saving functionality.

Setting the clean master --> works perfectly

I've checked all my apps. None of them has the battery saving functionality.

I don't have Clean master or anything like that. I've even reset my phone and, as it is, the problem still happened.

Even worse, I can't listen any music in Shuffle Mode at all. If I do, when the music changes it plays with no sound. You see the timeline running, but no sound in speakers. This happens with my playlists, albums, offline and online music. The only scenario where shuffle works, it's Spotify's playlists. I don't know why.

i have the same problem.

After 2 songs + -, the sound stop but the music still running in the app. I have to take the phone, stop/play or forward the music for the sound out for speakers again. Happens with music offline, online, 4g, wifi, same problem.

I have a LG G2 with android and is really disturbing!!!

I try reinstall the app, erase data, nothing works.

:S

Suggested posts