Premium

Country

Australia

Device

Sony Walkman NW-A100 Series

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

I've attempted to download songs to listen to offline but they continue to fail and show up with white exclamation marks but are still continuing to give me the notification that it is downloading without progression.

I've tried a hard reset, deleting all files, re-installation and a factory reset.

All whilst making sure it has permission to access all features.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Basilisk6,

Thanks for keeping us posted 🙂

It sounds like this could be a device-related issue. In case you're using an SD card, you can remove it, reinstall Spotify and then try running the app without the SD.

It's also a good idea to try with another connection. Are there any changes?

Keep us in the loop! If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

18 Replies

Hi @Basilisk6

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community and letting us know what you've tried.

If possible, could you let us know if you're able to replicate this issue when you log into your account using a different device? You can also ask a friend or a family member to log into their account using your device to see if it happens too.

We'd also recommend trying a clean reinstall. This is different than simply reinstalling and can be helpful for clearing any cache that might be causing this behavior.

If the issue persists, would you mind sending a screenshot where we can see how the songs appear and the notification you mentioned? We'll take a better look.

Keep us posted! We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Thanks for replying,

Well downloads work on my computer (windows 10) and I don't know anyone else who owns a premium account.  I've tried the soft reset but it hasn't changed the current situation.  I've collected some screenshots of the situation.

Screenshot_20201221-110941.png
Screenshot_20201221-110951.png
Marked as solution

Hey @Basilisk6,

Thanks for keeping us posted 🙂

It sounds like this could be a device-related issue. In case you're using an SD card, you can remove it, reinstall Spotify and then try running the app without the SD.

It's also a good idea to try with another connection. Are there any changes?

Keep us in the loop! If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Ver Moderator

Thanks so much,
It was a problem with the SD card being in the device at the time of installation.

Hey @Basilisk6,

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

Glad to hear it worked out and everything is running smoothly again.

If you have questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us. We'll be happy to help.

Stay safe!

Ver Moderator

I'm having this problem too on 2 different android devices.

I tried reinstalling Spotify on both phones and windows but no luck.

Got any idea's?

Hi there @wouterbloemerts,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

Can you try with another internet connection to see if the issue persist?

On another note - did you follow these steps when you reinstalled the app? This is different from a quick reinstall and could be helpful to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble.

If you did and it still doesn't work, can you have someone log in with their account on one of the devices - such as a friend or a family member to make sure it's not account related?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hello Jeremy,

Thank you for your reply.

I can't try it on another network because the local downloads has to be in the same network. I do not have problems listing to music in spotify or whatsoever.

I tried wiping cache, storage and completely reinstalled the app on 2 android devices but still no luck. I also reinstalled spotify on my desktop and reset my router. Nothing works 😞 This is a problem since a few days.

Hey @wouterbloemerts,

Thanks for getting back to us.

You should be able to switch all your your devices to a different internet network, such as a mobile hotspot. Also try disabling any Firewall software and making sure Spotify is allowed through the Firewall settings.

Note that @Basilisk6 resolved the issue by removing his SD cards before running a clean reinstall. If you're also using external memory cards, could you run the clean reinstall once more, this time with the cards taken out? Try synching your local files anew before inserting the back into your phones. 

Keep us posted. We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

Mihail Moderator

Hi @all,

I think i resolved the issue. I tweaked some firewall settings and i looks like that did the trick. Sorry for bothering you and have a nice day!

I've tried everything in this thread. But the podcasts that won't download and just show a white exclamation mark, also will not play. There is no rhyme or reason to which podcasts will download and play and which won't. 

Hi @Siebertb!

The behavior you're describing could be related to this ongoing issue which is currently being investigated, so feel free to check it out as we'll be posting updates there. You can also try downloading/playing podcasts on another device to see if the issue persists there.

Let us know how it goes in the aforementioned thread.

Cheers!

YordanModerator

Hi, I keep on experiencing the same issue. I tried removing my sd card, changed WiFi, tried a clean reinstall, but nothing seems to work. Any idea what else could help?

Screenshot_20230709_185258_Spotify.jpg

Hey there @joaniex1227,

Thanks for the post.

Can you let us know if this is happening with every playlist you try downloading, or just a specific one? Note that your device needs to have sufficient space in order to download content. In most cases you'd need to have at least 2 GB of free space in for the app to function normally. Also, pay attention if you get an error message when you hit the Download button. It's possible that you've exceeded the Spotify offline device limit, which is 5 active devices.

It would also be great if you can tell us what model device you're using, your current OS version and Spotify version.

Cheers.

AlexModerator

This problem started to appear a week or two ago on my android (galaxy a52). I am trying to download podcasts when I get the exclamation mark on some of them, and it is always the same ones that gets it. I can download other podcast immediately after I get the exclamation mark on one podcast. One example of a podcast I can't download is https://open.spotify.com/episode/3dX89LqL4mxV84asVR2RSU?si=ef46104aebbc4bb7

This one (https://open.spotify.com/episode/6l6kyA9wjoXQMPDBHlYmGM?si=cb5f80fc815247d4) worked fine to download after the above failed.

Hey @Henrik_D,

Welcome to the Community!

To start, could you let us know if you've already tried some of the suggested steps in this thread before? Have you noticed if anything makes a difference and does the same thing happen on another device?

Hope to hear from you soon 🙂

IvelinaModerator

Ive been having same issues for months now, ive tried everything with no luck, i even thought of moving spotify app onto my sd card but i guess thats not possible anymore. Could this be account issue? 

Hey @Shmikuna,

Thanks for joining the thread!

Does the issue appear only on one of your devices?
If yes (even if you've done so already) - could you go over the steps for clearing your cached data one more time?
A step further would be to erase all Spotify-related data from your device and to install the app anew.

Should the issue persist after that, let us know the following details:

• Your affected device's make & model
  • Its OS version
  • Your Spotify app version
  • How much free space is available on your internal storage

Tip: A screenshot of how things look like on your end when the error appears would be of help!

Many thanks! We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

VasilModerator

Suggested posts