Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs not downloading

Songs not downloading

I hard reset my device yesterday. Got everything installed, but I am unable to download my songs. Since yesterday it's been a pain to download songs. It used to be quick, but after hours I barely reached 43% and we are talking about a 50mb connection. I have ried to reinstall it, but got the same issue. Any ideas?
16 Replies

Now, it´s even worse, songs are taking like 10 minutes to download at high quality. I used to sync both playlists in less than an hour. What´s going on here? I simply cannot download my playlist. I left my cell phone connected for more than 5 hours and the downloading never finished, seriously people? Why am I paying for an offline feature that does not work?

If it's downloading that slowly, something is seriously wrong. Let's see if we can work out what's wrong.

Could you cancel the download by switching off the "Download" button/buttons and close spotify. You will have to redownload everything but frrom what you say, it's not going to make a huge difference. Now install speedtest and run it. Let me know the download speed it shows.

Hi I´ve alread tried that and also reinstalled spotify and retried to download. Nothing seems to help, it starts, reaches 8%, now it´s stuck at 12%. My current download speed is 30mb. At this moment, my both playlists at High quality should´ve been fully downloaded. Both should have around 170 songs, it´s not anything massive. It´s not related to my internet connection, because I had this issue at my cousin´s house, and at work, same issue.

Hey there @luigi_force, welcome to the community!

That doesn't sound good. Let's try some troubleshooting 🙂 There's a couple of things you can try first:

• Clear your device's cache data. You can follow the step by step guide here. Before the hard reset to your device were you saving them in an external place? If so, try clearing that too.
  • Make sure you have enough storage space and that in your account page there aren't more than 3 devices listed for offline content.
  • Have you tried a clean re-install? It involves clearing your cached data as well. You can follow the steps in the link.

Offline_mode_InstagramS.png

Let me know how it goes!

K

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Treat others the way you want to be treated!
I can help in english, français or ελληνικά
Follow me on Spotify | What is a Community Star? Join us!

I have tried all this. Now it's not even dowloading at all. I have enough storage, I am running android 7.1, with an class 10 sd card with 32gb plus my 16gb of internal memory. It's the firsf time i have this issue.

Hey again @luigi_force!

This is such an odd case, I've escalated it to the staff so they can take a fresh look into it 🙂 We should be hearing from them soon.

K

Sounds good, thanks a lot.

Just a new update on my end here. I've tried hard reseting my device again, but still I am unable to download my songs, that's really sad, I really hope there's a solution for this, I need my offline tracks specially when driving.

Hey again @luigi_force!

After chasing this up, you should try to remove your offline devices, as it may be due to duplicate cache, by following the steps here: https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/account_settings/how-do-i-remove-my-offline-devices...

Keep in mind that because of the reset on your phone, it may be showing up as a device but be associated with the older version of the client you had, before the reset, which is why trying this might help. Also, removing all your devices might log you out and you will need to re-download your offline content.

Let me know how it works out 🙂

K

I have tried all that, but I am afraid, that nothing has worked. I am still unable to download my songs. It took a whole hour to download 8% of my playlist, which only has 180 songs. And this, at normal quality, at high quality, the count never leaves 0%. I hard reset my device again, cleared everything there was to be cleared, but still the same results. 

Did you download and install speedtest as I suggested earlier. Running it will at least eliminate any networking issues which seemed to me to be a good starting point. Give it a try and let us know what it says.

Yes I did and my connection is fine, as I stated earlier, I tried that at my cousin´s house also with good internet connection and got the same results.

EDIT: Now it´s not even downloading at all. 

EDIT 2: 10 minutes later, 2%. The download should have been completed by now as far as I remember. 

Is there any chance I can get the previous version just to try? Can´t this be an issue with my account or something? My device is working properly, did all the steps suggested, including checking my internet connection.

Hey again @luigi_force, sorry to hear it didn't work out.

Would you mind offering some extra info like the following so I can pass it on to the right team? 

• Do you have a VPN enabled? 
  • What device, and version of Spotify are you running? Are there any updates available? 
  • Have you tried resetting your network settings? 

It might shed a bit more light to the troubleshooting direction we should follow.

Thanks 🙂

K

I am currently at version 7.4.0.1799, my device is a Lenovo Vibe K5 A6020l36. I am not using a VPN. As I said, the problem persisted even in another house and a totally different ISP.

Not sure if it's a coincidence but after 7.5 update I am able to download my songs again. It took less than 20 minutes to download a playlist with 200 songs.

Hey again @luigi_force, glad to hear everything is back in working order!!

Let us know if you have any more issues 🙂

Happy Spotify-ing,
K

Suggested posts