Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs pause after being played

Songs pause after being played

Greetings everyone.

I have a problem with my playlists and songs in these lists. On the 2/11 my phone updated Spotify without problem. But right after the update, there has been an issue I couldn't fix it. Randomly pauses the songs after they have been played (for example, a 2:32 song. It frozes at the 2:32), and it just don't play the next one, but the app still doesn't stay frozen. Plus, the crossfade doesn't work either, even before the last update.

My cellphone is a Moto X (XT1058), Android 4.4.4 

And as I said, I tried to fix it by myself, but the issue persist. Please help. 

11 Replies

I am having the same problem on a Samsung Galaxy S5. I tried uninstalling and re-installing the app. Didn't fix the problem.

Hey guys, do the tracks that are stopping happen to be local files? I ask because I've had this problem for a while and there are a few threads related to that. Generally seems to be related to issues with mismatches in the duration.

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Indeed. The songs streaming via Data Mobile/WiFi, doesn't have so much trouble, as much for the playlist in the locale files.

Mostly beacuase these lists are Offline Avaible ( I don't want to switch to streaming, because I'm mostly in a structure without Data Mobile and WiFi signals).

Thanks, I do have a couple other threads I'd suggest following and adding comments to below:

Ongoing Issue: Music Stops Playing After Several Tracks (This is one of the most closely related bug reports)

iOS: Playback Stops After Certain Local Files (This is really for iOS, but there have been some mentions of the same happening on Android)

I wish I could offer a consistent solution, but sometimes I just can't get them to work. That said, sometimes it seems to help if on the desktop I right click a track that's causing problems, and choose the option to unlink it. You might need to undownload/redownload your playlist to mobile after doing this for it to actually sync the newly unlinked track.

dinomightSpotify Star

Thanks for the threads, maybe it will help

Unfortunately, I tried that. Redownload and even recreate a new playlist from my PC, later sync it with my phone... The results are the same, nothing changes.

No problem, sorry to hear redownloading isn't helping. I'm with you, it's highly frustrating when nothing will work. I made a test playlist yesterday to experiment with a couple particular problem tracks and absolutely nothing I did would fix it.

dinomightSpotify Star

It was worth a try, but I don't have Lollipop on my phone, and the app mentioned isn't in my developer settings. Thanks for the suggestion, though! Might help some of the others.

dinomightSpotify Star

I have problem with this to, it is impossible to get Spotify to play a song after another if I listen to locals, it works with non local files tho.

Tried to re download them, and its on my Galaxy S3 and my Galaxy Tab 10.1. This started after the new update.

note my commnt here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/trouble-with-continuous-listening-to-songs/m-p/1030803...

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Thanks for the note!

Yes, that solved my problem. I hope the developers can find the solution. Until then, I try not to update the app.

Suggested posts