Premium

Country

USA

Device

Moto Z2 force

Operating System

Android version 8.0.0

My Question or Issue

When I skip a song there's a pause at one second but if I let the song play out the next song won't have a pause at all which is strange to me. This is a continuation from my other post since for some reason it wouldn't allow me to post a reply after my first post. An update to my post is I did restart my phone which did help and I was out and about yesterday where it would pause one song each time i'd open Spotify but if I skipped any songs after it was fine. Once I got home though things got back to the same problem where every time I skip there's a pause at one second. Also i'm using Spotify version 8.4.61.683

13 Replies

Hi @ShadeRunner, welcome to the Spotify Community!

We'd recommend giving it a go using a different account. It could be a friend's or a family member's account. Also, does it happen while you're streaming or using Offline Mode?

Take care 🙂

I have a different account (it's free, i don't know if that matters) and tested that on my phone but it still had the same problem. It has happened to me while streaming and while I was using offline mode.

Hey @ShadeRunner.

Just to confirm, is this happening when you use Spotify with a specific audio output, like Bluetooth headphones? If so, try using different outputs to see if it behaves the same.

To rule out if this could be related to your Spotify account, please also try using the Free one to see how it goes.

Keep us posted.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

This happens no matter what audio output I use. I use my phone's speaker, Bluetooth headphones,  and on rare occasions a Bluetooth speaker and they all have the same issue with the pausing. I've tested it out on a free account on my phone and the pausing problem still occurs so it doesn't seem to be the account.  

That's odd.

Do you have a different Android device you could use to see if it behaves the same?

Also, I suggest making sure your Android system is up to date, so please check if there are any pending updates. In case there aren't pending system updates, try restarting your phone.

Keep us posted.

I know my old phone which was a LG Vista didn't have any problems with Spotify. Just my current phone is having the issues and is currently up to date. I restarted my phone and then  launched Spotify and the first few songs played perfectly but after that the problem started up again.  

Thanks for giving it a shot!

Let's try reinstalling Spotify to see if it helps. In case this doesn't do the trick, let us know around how much free space you have left on your device's internal memory and SD card (if applies).

All the best.

I reinstalled Spotify following those steps and the problem is still there. I currently have 32% storage used and 43.57 GB free on my phone and on my SD card I have 4.46 MB used out of 15.52 GB 

Thanks for giving it a shot!

Since this only happens on your Moto Z2, is your Android system Rooted, or do you have any applications running that could interfere with the Spotify app?

Also, does the same happen regardless of the internet connection? Have you tried using different WiFi signals to play your music before?

Keep us posted.

My phone isn't rooted and the only apps i've downloaded from the play store are Spotify, Steam, Discord, and Twitch. The rest of the apps that are on my phone are the ones that are on it by default. Also, I just tried switching wifi connections but the problem is still there.  

Hey @ShadeRunner.

Thanks for replying!

Would you be happy to head here, and click 'Remove All'? 
This will mean re-downloading your offline tunes, but we think it will help out.

Keep us posted!
Thanks 🙂

/M

I had the same issue when I was using Android 8.0. What fixed it was to go to Settings->Battery->Battery Optimisation->Spotify->Don't Optimise. Note that those settings' location might differ on your device.

I clicked "Remove All" and tried to skip a few songs to see if it did anything but unfortunately it didn't. I also tried the battery optimization suggestion but that didn't work either. 

Suggested posts