Premium

Country

US

Device

Samsung S22+

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

Spotify randomly plays all of the time. Even when the app is not opened. Especially when other applications are opened.  

11 Replies

Glad you asked in the community! It looks like your account might be signed in somewhere else and if the track is played there, it can show up on your device as now playing.

Here are a few steps to fix this issue:

- Go to Spotify.com and sign in.

- Open your account section and scroll to click on sign out everywhere.

- Most important, Change Your Password.

Sign in again on your Mobile device to see if it is giving the same problems now or not.

Let us know how it goes!

AmayySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

• Thank you. I tried this previously,  signed out everywhere, deleted and re-download the app, and have logged back in and I am still having the issue. 

Yes, I have exactly the same problem with my Samsung galaxy s20. It is not related to any other sign ins. 

Hi everyone!

This can be triggered by other 3rd party apps that try to initialize music playback - one example is the fitness app "Polar Flow", which has special notification access, allowing it to launch Spotify automatically.

Could you please search your phone's settings for Notification access and disable the notification permissions for Polar Flow or any other app you might assume would want audio playback control to see if that does the trick?

Keep us posted!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have disabled it, but no improvment. Still starting out of a sudden often. Do I really have to disable all notifications? What is the solution to have it not automatically started e.g. when opening Facebook app?

Hey again @Milo_ph!

Do you use Bixby or Google Clock? They are known to often start the app automatically. You can try disabling them for a while to see if the app would still start. You can disable Google Clock from your phone's settings. As for Bixby, you have to disable Bixby Routines under Advanced features in Settings.

Let us know how it goes.

YordanModerator

Thank Yordan! 

Bixby Routines are already disabled and I do not use Google Clock at all.

Let me know what I can try further. Thank you. 

Thanks for trying @Milo_ph!

Are you able to reproduce this consistently? If yes. then a short screen recording which shows the app's behavior in action would be greatly appreciated. That way we can get a clear understanding of how things look on your end.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

YordanModerator

Yes, it is possible to reproduce it quite consistently. 

How to? 

1.) Open spotify, play any song, press stop

2.) Close spotify and even stop Spotify completly with "force to stop" by android

3.) Open e.g. Instagram and wait some seconds

4.) Spotify starts in background and continues with last song without any reason!

Please find attached a short screen recording showing it. 

@Yordan do you have maybe any news on this? am I the only user with such an issue? 

Hey @Milo_ph,

Thanks for the reply.

Currently we can't see other users reporting the same issue.

We'll have to try a clean reinstall first to see how things go. Do you mind performing one as described on this page

How did it go?

If it doesn't work, we'd need the exact Spotify version installed on your phone with a video recording of the issue occurring.

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts