Premium

Country

Australia 

Device

Sony smart tv

Operating System

? Just update a couple days ago

My Question or Issue

the Spotify app doesn’t have sound via the app on the tv or air playing from my phone to the tv, but all other apps have sound.

9 Replies

Hey there @JD1980!

Thanks for reaching out to us about this. It doesn't sound right and we'll do our best to help.

You could start by restarting the TV, it's a good idea to plug it out of the electrical socket and wait about 30 sec before plugging it back it.

If that doesn't do the trick, we'd recommend making sure that you have the latest firmware and the latest version of the app.

You mention that it doesn't have sound, but does the song progress bar move? Does this also happen when you use Connect, or only via the TV app and airplay?

Keep us in the loop here. We'll be happy to help further.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Same issue. All other devices work fine. Uninstalled 2x on tv. rebooted. It worked only 1 day about 3 days back.

Hey there @AltairaJade,

Thank you for your post here in the Community. We're happy to help.

Can you confirm if you have the latest firmware and the latest version of the app?

It would also be great if you can let us know if this occur with Connect, or only via the TV app and airplay?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Having same issue. Have latest firmware and Spotify version. Using TV app. No sound but progress bar moves. Sound issue is specific to this app.

Hi @spade6179,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. 

To start, could you confirm if you've already followed the troubleshooting steps shared by @Elena? If not, please give them a try.

If the issue persists after that, let us know if you currently use an external sound device such as a sound bar, or if you use the TV's speakers.

Keep us posted.

MafeGModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I don't know why, but unplugging it rather than restarting it did the trick. Thanks!

Hi @spade6179,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

We're glad to see that everything works as it should for you again 🙂

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Uh no, never mind. The issue has come back and unplugging is not working. I am using the TV speakers, no external device.

Hey @spade6179

Thanks for getting back to us.

Could you let us know if this started happening after a specific event such as an update? Additionally, we'd like to know if this happens when you use Connect, or only via the TV app and Airplay.

On another note, we recommend trying with a different network, for example creating a hotspot on your phone and using that - if that's possible.

Keep us posted on how it goes.

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts