Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Sorry, something went wrong - Android

Solved!

Sorry, something went wrong - Android

Hello,

I have a Droid Razr.  Spotify has worked great on it for two years.  Last night, Spotify updated itself...and now I can't select Artists.  I can SEARCH for Artists and get results...but when I touch an Artist, I get "Sorry, something went wrong.  Try Again".  I am able to successfully select albums and tracks. 

I have un/reinstalled the app & rebooted my phone, but get the same error.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Dylan

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

YES! With me too! It works now!

Does anyone of Spotify did anything ??

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

It just resolved itself - I didn't have to take any action. Artist was missing for an hour or so, then reappeared.

View solution in original post

22 Replies

Same thing occured today. Artists' profiles and personal profile does not work. You can see it on attached screenshot from my phone. I have this thing only on my android phone. Solve this issue please!!! 

Screenshot_2014-02-27-09-12-16.png

Additionally, the latest update has DESTROYED battery life. I can usually get several hours of screen off, music playing. However, the new update prevents the phone from idling/sleeping, and as a result it killed my battery in an hour and a half. It used more battery than my screen. 

Please, for the love of god spotfiy, revert the changes

Gureene, Are you able to select artists (and see their albums, tracks, etc.)?  Is it only their profiles that don't show up?

Or, whenever you touch an artist, do you get "Sorry, something went wrong." (which is what's happening to me)?

Thanks!

Same thing happens to me. It only happened after the last update!

In my case (and i think in the others too...) it appears after i select the band/artist.

Going to get this escalated for you guys. Can you please let us know your:
- Spotify version number
- Your android version
- Make and model of your device?
- If this happens on both WiFi and mobile connections?

Also as a precaution, if it is eating your battery life, I would suggest double checking your Spotify apps data usage to make sure its not doing anything crazy in the background.

Thanks!

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Data usage is within the KB range (i have the playlists downloaded to the phone). the problem is absolulty related to the phone's processor state: i was driving and not touching the phone, but when I checked battery stats, it showed a solid bar under "awake" for the entire time that spotify was open (despite the screen being off for almost all of it), and before i opened spotify, normal useage and patterns.

Thanks Peter.  My info:

Spotify version number - 0.7.6.357
Your android version - 4.1.2
Make and model of your device? - Motorola Droid Razr
If this happens on both WiFi and mobile connections? - happens on both

- Spotify version number: 0.7.6.357
- Your android version: 4.0.4
- Make and model of your device? Samsung Galaxy S Duos S7562
- If this happens on both WiFi and mobile connections? Both

Your android version - 4.1.2, 4.4.3
Make and model of your device? - Nexus 4, LG 4XHD

Your android version - 4.3
Make and model of your device? - Samsung Galaxy S3
If this happens on both WiFi and mobile connections? - Both

I'm having the same problem.

Motorola RAZR

Same thing here. Started happening after dismissing a Samsung 'system update' this morning. That update messed up like fifty things on my s4, so I'm confident they are related.

Your android version - 4.4.2
Make and model of your device? - Samsung Galaxy SII

Problem is unexpectedly resolved.  I can now search on Artist, select an Artist, and play their music.  Did I just get lucky...or is it working for other people too? 

Marked as solution

YES! With me too! It works now!

Does anyone of Spotify did anything ??

Hey guys,

Thanks for letting us know about this. I had this too on my HTC, but resolved itself after a simple restart of the device.

Could you guys give this a go?
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?
Marked as solution

It just resolved itself - I didn't have to take any action. Artist was missing for an hour or so, then reappeared.

I am having this same problem on my laptop.  I have tried restarting, reinstalling, etc.

Suggested posts