Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Sound issues

Sound issues

Since the update I have been getting serious issues with sound levels being far to low.
I have turnt of sound eq. This gives a slight boost but still only about what other music apps are like on 6 to 8. Turning on eq then pushing all bars to +15 db is lower than no eq (go figure how that's even possible)
Using a sound booster app works with other apps. Attempt to use them with spotify it will actually Lower the sound.

It feels like spotify is forcing how loud I can listen and any attempt to increase past a certain level will lower it's output. This is proven by sound boost apps.
4 Replies

Hi. What device are you using and what android and spotify versions?

Samsung note 3 SM-N9005

Android 4.3

Spotify 1.0.0.82

This is 100% app related as I used a third party flash browser to use spotify Web and the sound was nearly double and so much richer in quality. 

I'm using a Note 3 and haven't noticed any volume issues with it. I don't use spotify's audio effects as the volume is affected, no matter what you set the equaliser to. Do you have Adapt Sound turned on for music?

No.
All settings have been played with in an attempt to fix issue with no positive results

Suggested posts