Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotfiy is Offline!

Solved!

Spotfiy is Offline!

I see multiple notices that folks are getting a message "Spotify is Offline" with both i phones and androids...I have an Android, turned my Wifi on and went to the setting to turn my Offine mode, On....No change. 😞

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Jojojo - Hmm, I'd recommend trying a clean reinstallation first of all. It sounds like something has caching incorrectly, and this should hopefully get it both connected online once again, and get these offline tracks synced just fine. 

Airhorn Enthusiast

View solution in original post

13 Replies

I had these offline troubles, too.

I'm running an HP Touchpad with Cyanogenmod 9 - (very experimental - I know) - but after the last CM update everything went fine - without changing anything at the Spotify App.

So in my case obviously the Spotify App was not the reason....

Capitano

HTC Android app stuck in offline mode for weeks

I have also been unable to use spotify on my mobile device for a number of weeks now. It states that it is "offline" despite the tick box not being selected and being connected to wi-fi. I would like my money back! 

I have uninstalled and installed a newer version (I have automatic updates on - why did it not update? - poorly organised shoddy company??). I can now connect. But I am hearing no sound upon playback. 

@riamatthews wrote:

I have uninstalled and installed a newer version (I have automatic updates on - why did it not update? - poorly organised shoddy company??). 

That would be a problem with your phone or Android - nothing to do with Spotify. Apps aren't allowed to auto update in certain cases - maybe it was one of those

r@riamatthews wrote:

But I am hearing no sound upon playback. 

Restart your phone - that's solved this issue a number of times

----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

This is no doubt one of the more annoying "bugs" with the android device and appears to be quite common among its users.  In consideration of the fact that this is a paid service, I would think that it would have been addressed and resolbved.  Yet, I have had this issue intermittantly for quite some time.

I do not know wexactly what fixed it for me, but this is what I did (in order), afterwhich it was resolved:

1. Reboot phone
  2. Cleared Spotify Data
  3. Log Out
  4. Log In

Spotify offline on mobile now for 3 weeks - tried all suggestions here .nothing working

I have also been experiencing offline issues for awhile. I think it all started when I deleted my facebook.

Ive had these trouble too. Im connected to wifi and get off line message. So i connect to 3g and it works. I want to down load on home wifi not 3g on samsung galaxy 3. when off line some songs go pale grey and cant b played. This is confusing as ive downloaded the song and marked it to b available offline. Im going on holiday in two days and spent time putting music lists together that will have lots of songs unable to play.....sad party!
Marked as solution

Jojojo - Hmm, I'd recommend trying a clean reinstallation first of all. It sounds like something has caching incorrectly, and this should hopefully get it both connected online once again, and get these offline tracks synced just fine. 

Airhorn Enthusiast

sigh.......did that and now cant get into google play.....going round in circles...have to authenticate.....and its not working. have restarted the phone. getting frustrating....if i cant get to work ill b cancelling sorry.

about 4 months now showing "Spotify is offline" I am using a Samsung Note 1. I checked my iPad and it works fine.

Suggested posts