Premium

Country

U.S.

Device

Galaxy Note 9

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

Everytime I start music on my phone to play through my Sonos One speaker, Spotify loses connection with Sonos. After a very short time, when I open Spotify back on my phone to view the song or change songs, Spotify doesn't recognize that any music is playing. Usually, I have to close the app completely and reopen it, then it will show the now playing. This happens with multiple phones in my home. I have my phone set to never put Spotify to sleep in the background. 

3 Replies

I forgot to mention that I also lose the spotify of the notification in my notification bar that tells what song is playing. I listen via Bluetooth earbuds every day at the gym and this never happens. Only when listening through the Sonos

No one else experiencing this? 

Hey @Music_man185.

Thanks for reaching out on the Community, we'll be glad to help 🙂

It sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

Could you also make sure that the firmware on your Sonos is up to date?

If you're still having trouble, could you let us know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

We'll see what we can suggest next 🙂

Take care,

P

Suggested posts