Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Android App Queue: Where is it? How to view? Change since latest app update.

Spotify Android App Queue: Where is it? How to view? Change since latest app update.

I can not view the Spotify Queue using the Spotify Android App as of 4/26/2017 when I updated the Spotify Android App. Now in the latest version of the App (Version 8.4.0.539 armV7), I can't find/see the Play Queue anymore.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S6 phone. The phone recently had a O/S update too, but the previous Spotify App worked the same after the O/S update. The change happened with the new Spotify App update.

How I used to be able to see and remove songs from my Queue using the previous Spotify App:

On the "song" page, the play queue used to be accessable (to view the queue and/or delete songs from the queue) in the upper right corner, a button that looks like 3 lines on top of each other. This button is now gone.

Now there's just text at the top of the screen that says "PLAYING FROM PLAY QUEUE". I can't figure out how to actually see or delete songs from the Play Queue now in this new app version. I've rebooted my phone to make sure it wasn't a glitch after the update. No luck. I can still ADD songs to the queue. But I'm stuck with them there until I either listen to them or skip past them.

Anyone have any tips? I can't imagine that seeing the Play Queue (and being able to delete items from it) has been totally removed from the app.

Thanks!

13 Replies

Hey @MojoSpoonful! Welcome to the Spotify Community!

That's not cool! Could you make sure you're not playing Daily Mix or Radio? Also, if you could send over a screenshot of what you're seeing in the Now Playing view, that would be great! 🙂

Have a great weekend!

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Huib, thank you for the reply. Right, not cool!

BUT, the issue has resolved itself. All week after multiple phone resets, etc. I still had the problem all week. But moments ago I just opened Spotify and the queue view is back!

You asked about playing Daily Mix and that could be something that caused or relates/related to the problem. I *was* listening to Daily Mix at one point, but had also queued songs while listening to the mix. So those queued songs then take priority in the queue and when they play through, you're back in the Daily Mix. I think *maybe* (just a basic theory) that's what happened. So maybe I finally got completely out of the mix or queued enough songs to push myself out of the Daily Mix?

I didn't get a screenshot when I was having the issue. Wish I would have done so. On the "song" screen (where on the left of the screen you see the song title, artist, a graphy of how far the song has played through so far, and big back/play-pause/forward buttons along with an album image on the right of the screen) I would see "PLAYING FROM PLAY QUEUE" at the top, but no "three-line" Queue icon at the top/center of the screen.

Whew. It is nice to see the playlist queue again.

So at the moment, all seems good and back to normal.

Now if I could just *MOVE/REORDER* songs in the queue, I would REALLY be set! But that's a different topic. 🙂

Hey @MojoSpoonful!

Awesome to hear things are working again! To reorder your play queue have you tried these steps:IMG_1857.PNG

Let me know how it goes! 🙂

Keep rocking! 

HuboSpotify Star

I am now having this issue. I also recently updated my Samsung Galaxy s6 and Spotify and the play queue button has disappeared. It did not happen immediately after the updates, but it is doing it now. 

Hey @dbackstrom3! Welcome to the Spotify Community!

It sounds like you're playing Radio or Daily Mix. Could you try to play a playlist or something from your library and let me know if the play queue shows up?

Thanks, take care! 🙂

HuboSpotify Star

Same problem here, screenshot added. I made a queue with a couple of songs from 2 different Playlists, one of which containing a few local files. All songs are available for offline use and I'm premium member. As you can see, the button is missing in the right top corner. First time I have this issue 🙂
Screenshot_20170620-232720.png

Same problem here. Created a queue with some songs from a (downloaded) playlist I made earlier. Quite annoying. How to solve this?
Screenshot_20170717-082320.png

Hey folks!

That's odd. Were you playing Daily Mix or a Radio station before playing your queue? If so, could you try to play a normal playlist, album, track and queue tracks after that? Let me know how you get on! 🙂

Have a great day!

HuboSpotify Star

I restarted my phone, and now all is OK. I queued some songs from a personal playlist, played it and now the queue-icon is visible in the top right corner.

@Huib: Yesterday when the error occured, I did not play a Daily Mix or Radiostation before. I'll try some more today, if anything strange occurs I'll let you know. 

Hey guys! I think it happens when you are queueing songs after you start listening to a radio. I did just that and I couldn't see the queue. Then I stopped and started to queue songs before I started the somh radio and now I can see the queue! Hope it's useful!

That is useful, but also still annoying. I play the radio and add songs constantly for party and personal event mixes so when my choices stop, the whole party doesn't go silent. Would be nice to still have a queue feature.

Even playing the radio, I think the queue button needs to be there. On several occasions, I will manually queue several songs onto the radio if I feel like listening to a particular song. It'll be good to see this new modified queue (you can do this on the desktop).

Suggested posts