Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Android App not starting: black screen

Spotify Android App not starting: black screen

Hi,

Sorry to bother here but I couldn't find a way to contact Spotify itself (for now I'm paying for this ...).

This morning, Spotify on my Galaxy S3 won't start: I can launch the app, but all I get is a black screen with the Spotify logo on it (I can also tap on it, but nothing happens 😕 ).

I didn't have any problem with any other app for now so this is not a phone problem...

Spotify, please respond: I'm a paying user and this app has been updated A LOT, seeing lots of "new features", but still no bug fix for now...

If I can't have my playlists offline, why am I paying ???

Guillaume FAURE-DUMONT
Founder of ZikMe: the music collaborative encyclopedia !
www.ZikMe.org
21 Replies

It's december 2017, i am on galaxy S7 and still have thoses bugs... I'm premium and have a good smartphone, so what's the lessons you've learned?

I am also a developer and all those bugs seems to be related to bad memory management, or some kind of bad optimisation since this bug still happens. It's also related to this bug : https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Android-App-slow-or-completely-unresponsive/td-p/1019816

And all the answers we have is "follow this procedure, uninstall this, clear the cache"...

OK do you realise the time we lose on that? Do you realise that we shouldn't have to do that?

Hi,

I had a sad smile reading your comment:

Like a few others, this bug has been reported for a long time now, but Spotify doesn't care at all... even if most of the people reporting are paying customers like you and me 😕

My Android app keeps "forgetting" that all my tracks are stored on my phone, sometimes event while listening !!

All these bugs have numerous reports and sometimes with very precise reproduction steps (computer engineer here too), but Spotify prefers to gain new clients than taking care of their current ones...

The only response you'll get on this forum is "clear your data & reinstall" which, of course, is no answer!

To be honest, I only use Spotify while trying to find a way to duplicate all my playlists, once I have that, I'm out...

Good luck with your Spotify usage,

Regards,

Guillaume FAURE-DUMONT
Founder of ZikMe: the music collaborative encyclopedia !
www.ZikMe.org

Suggested posts