Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Android app - loading song takes too long

Solved!

Spotify Android app - loading song takes too long

Hello,

I am using Spotify Android app, but I am experiencing really long loading times.

1) After click on "Your music" takes at least 30-40 seconds almost every time. After that I am finally able to click on "Shuffle play"

2) After click on "Shuffly play", it takes around another 30 seconds to start playing song.

It really lowers my experience using Spotify.

Is there anything I can do about it or is it any kind of bug?

I have:

• premium subscription
  • around 2000 songs stored for offline on 32 GB sd card class 10
  • Sony Xperia Z1 Compact (5.1.1) - hardware is fore sure powerful enough to handle this in shorter period of time
  • version spotify app: 4.2.0.739

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi Arcas!

Sorry you are experiencing this issue. Let's try to work it out. Sometimes there are problems with performance when a certain phone does not have enough memory left, resulting on stuff like you just mentioned. Although you have a really cool phone 2000 offline songs can get things a little bit slow. I recommend you to visit Daniel's awesome guide to troubleshoot most Android problems.

Hoped I was of help. Let me know if you have any further issues and if you were able to fix this problem.

Have a great day!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi Arcas!

Sorry you are experiencing this issue. Let's try to work it out. Sometimes there are problems with performance when a certain phone does not have enough memory left, resulting on stuff like you just mentioned. Although you have a really cool phone 2000 offline songs can get things a little bit slow. I recommend you to visit Daniel's awesome guide to troubleshoot most Android problems.

Hoped I was of help. Let me know if you have any further issues and if you were able to fix this problem.

Have a great day!

Hmm, I deleted every single file which was possibly connected to Spotify app.

As usually, solution "have you tried it turn it off and on" looks promising for now 🙂

Hopefully it will keep working fine.

Thanks

P.S.: Over 2500 songs and it works now in blink of an eye everytime I open Spotify app, even if I dont use app for few hours.

Problem is back.

After one day of using app, it happened again 😞

Suggested posts