Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Android crashed after phone reboot

Spotify Android crashed after phone reboot

After the last update, every time I reboot the phone Spotify crashes. The only solution is to reinstall the app, but again, if I reboot, it will crash over and over again
3 Replies

Hey @GaT23,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome.

In this case, did you follow the steps in this article to perform a clean (more thorough) reinstall? By doing that the app can be up-to-date and you can make sure the cache is not leading to this inconvenience. If you haven't yet, give it a try and let us know how it goes.

if that doesn't do the trick, can you let us know the exact make/model and OS of the affected device along with the Spotify version you have running? You can check it in the Play store of your device as well.

In this case, we'd like to know, is there an external SD card installed on your device? If so, remove it and reinstall the app in the internal memory of your device. Make sure to use the app without inserting the SD card again. 

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hey. I've tried everything from that link and it still doesn't work.

Note 20 Ultra, Android 12, Spotify 8.7.78.373 , no SD Card. It also happens on my Note 9, same version

Hey @GaT23,

Thank you for your reply and for the info you've shared.

This sounds like an issue with your device's cached files and it'd be a good idea to try clearing it (on both devices) with the steps here.

On another note, it'd be worth it if you test this with a different account. For example, if a friend or a family member has a Spotify account it'd be awesome if you ask them to log in on your device to see if they'll experience the same.

In case the issues persists, then please come back with a short video of what is happening exactly on your end, so we can take a closer look and advise you better.  You can attach it to your next response by using the Insert Video option in the post editor. You can also upload it to Google Drive and share the link with us (make sure the video has the permissions for anyone to see it).

We'll be on the lookout for your reply!

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts