Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify App Crashes When Playing a Specific Song

Solved!

Spotify App Crashes When Playing a Specific Song

When I attempt to play the song under this link: https://open.spotify.com/track/6AAyI2LASfk7ptHw4xrG0O on Spotify for Android, the app partially crashes and the song stops playing. It becomes unable to play any song or connect to another device (the "Connect to a device" screen never populates with options). I can recover by starting to play a different song on another device and restarting the Spotify app.

Phone:

Model Name: Samsung Galaxy S4

Model Number: SCH-I545

Android Version: 5.0.1

Kernel Version: 3.4.0 dpi@SWHE9416 #1 Fri Dec 9 14:55:48 KST 2016

Build Number: LRX22C.I545VRSGPL1

Hardware Version: I545.06

Spotify Version: 8.4.3.479 armV7

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Welcome to the Spotify Community.

Let's try this out: go to your phone's Settings > Battery > tap the three-dot icon at the top Battery optimization > tap the drop-down arrow > All apps > Spotify > Don't optimize.

I suggest you try a clean reinstall and see if it helps. This usually fixes most problems 🙂

Note: This will remove any saved offline tracks and cache.

Let us know how it goes with this!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Welcome to the Spotify Community.

Let's try this out: go to your phone's Settings > Battery > tap the three-dot icon at the top Battery optimization > tap the drop-down arrow > All apps > Spotify > Don't optimize.

I suggest you try a clean reinstall and see if it helps. This usually fixes most problems 🙂

Note: This will remove any saved offline tracks and cache.

Let us know how it goes with this!

Thanks for the suggestions. My phone does not display a three-dot icon in the battery menu so I was not able to access the setting you mentioned. Before resorting to a clean install I tried deleting the cached data using the option (labeled "Delete cache and saved data") in the Spotify App and the song now plays without issue. Perhaps the file somehow got corrupted.

Suggested posts