USA

Device

Samsung Galaxy S8

Operating System

Android 8.0.0

Since the last update I've had the following problems with the app:

- Songs stop playing at random

- The now-playing widget is gone

- I can no longer skip to the next song through the button on my headphones; I can stop a song, but not restart (this previously worked)

- The now playing screen does not update when a song changes, unless I minimize it and reopen it. 

- The now playing bar does not update when a song changes, unless I maximize it and reminimize it 

- I can no longer control the app remotely from the desktop version of the app (it shows that I'm using it on another device, but won't communicate with the device). 

I have already tried deleting and reinstalling the app. After I did that, it worked again for about half a day and then then reverted to being buggy. 

19 Replies

I am having the same list of issues. Severly bothers me as this is my main source of enteraintment on my long commute.

Using a Samsung Galaxy Note 9 with Android 8.1. 

So much for the partnership when it wont even work on the flagship phone it was paired with at reveal.

Hey there, 

Sorry to hear you are having these issues as well. It's being addressed Here, so please add your voice and give it a vote.  Hopefully it's going to be fixed soon since it's been going on for over two months now. Good luck!

I have also experienced these types of problems. 

My spotify also goes into offline mode and says that i need internet to able to browse music online even when i have a very stable connection. This as also been going on for a long time.

Please fix these problems as soon as possible since its ruining the whole experience when listening to music.

Same list of problems on Galaxy Note 8 (Android 8.0).

At first, I thought it was a problem on my device, and get some better results by changing the Power Status of Spotify (giving it permission to use the maximum ammount of power it needs, without putting it on standby, but maybe it will drain my battery faster).  But some bugs are still happening, the widget is like gabarge, just using RAM for nothing...

That's very annoying. Please fixit asap!

Thanks in advance.

Same problem here. Using a Galaxy Note8 Android Version 8.0.0

Same here. Android 8, huawei mate 10, Portugal... 

Same here, Note 9 on Verizon. Everything is up to date as of yesterday. The app isn't totally unsuable, but it's changed frfom a (mostly) polished exoerience to a buggy mess.

Me and my wife have the exact same problems. I have an S8 Plus and she has an S7 Edge. We both use spotify in our car and house.  Sometimes when i turn my car off, it starts playing on the phone speaker. Also on my Pioneer car stereo when playing spotify, the stereo shows the first song and artist info, but doesn't update after that. This never happened until the last little while. I've had this phone with spotify for a year. Very frustrating. Please fix it. 

I'm having similar issues. Even on my Uconnect the songs wont update when they change.

Same here, Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact, Android 8, didn't have this problem on my last phone on Android 5.

Same problem, on my Galaxy Note 8, and I'm about done, Spotify needs to fix this and start being clear about what exactly is being affected when updating, no more "Just keep automatic updates on" BS. This needs to be addressed soon, or I'm moving on to a new service.

Same list of problems for the

OnePlus 5T

Please fix soon it is super annoying

Same on Galaxy S6 running android 7.0

Finally!

The new update (just launched a few minutes ago) seems to fixed the problem. Gonna try the app with all the devices and situations. So far:
- Spotify doesn't stop music randomly;

- Spotify stops music when I turn off my BT Headphone (tested with Sennheise HD 4.50);

- The BT Headphone can control again the Spotify, even when there's nothing playing for a while;
- Widget is working again;

- Notification on top bar is showing normally;

- Notification on lock screen (in Galaxy Note 😎 is also working perfect;

You all should try, I guess they solved almost all the bugs.

Thanks to the Spotify Team, hoping you don't mess around again what's working fine lol.

Best regards from a happy user again!

So far so good here also. Glad this has been fixed. Am not a big fan of pandora and I like how many services integrate with Spotify. All of my issues are fixed as far as I can tell since recieving the update about 28 minutes ago.

Yep, just updated and can confirm it's working properly now

Same problem ad everybody else has described with my Samsung Galaxy Note 8.

App currently not practically useable.

Well, it seems the Spotify team mess it around again... The app now has the same problems it had before, stop playing randomly, doesnt update the widget, doesnt send the right name to the audio system in my car... Come on guys, you don`t have**bleep** every time you launch a new update. Hope you fix it asap. Thanks!

Same issue with my Galaxy S9.  I finally uninstalled all my apps on all my devices (Galaxy, iPad, my wife's iPhone and my Windows Surface Pro 2) and reinstalled each separately.  Everything works fine until I try and use my Android app on my Galaxy phone.  Music skips, stops playing, loses connection, and won't let me re-assume control with a different device.  I finally just deleted the Android app and will only use my other devices until this gets fixed.   Really annoying since it is my phone that is the most convenient.

Suggested posts