Spotify App on Android Extremely Buggy Since Update of Sept. 2018

Re: Spotify App on Android Extremely Buggy Since Update of Sept. 2018

Rolbista

Same here, Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact, Android 8, didn't have this problem on my last phone on Android 5.

mqh1997

Same problem, on my Galaxy Note 8, and I'm about done, Spotify needs to fix this and start being clear about what exactly is being affected when updating, no more "Just keep automatic updates on" BS. This needs to be addressed soon, or I'm moving on to a new service.

Rosshall

Same list of problems for the

OnePlus 5T

Please fix soon it is super annoying

Highlighted

Jopasz
Casual Listener

Same on Galaxy S6 running android 7.0

fabiojordan
Casual Listener

Finally!

The new update (just launched a few minutes ago) seems to fixed the problem. Gonna try the app with all the devices and situations. So far:
- Spotify doesn't stop music randomly;

- Spotify stops music when I turn off my BT Headphone (tested with Sennheise HD 4.50);

- The BT Headphone can control again the Spotify, even when there's nothing playing for a while;
- Widget is working again;

- Notification on top bar is showing normally;

- Notification on lock screen (in Galaxy Note 8) is also working perfect;

You all should try, I guess they solved almost all the bugs.

Thanks to the Spotify Team, hoping you don't mess around again what's working fine lol.

Best regards from a happy user again!

Kenny987654321
Casual Listener

So far so good here also. Glad this has been fixed. Am not a big fan of pandora and I like how many services integrate with Spotify. All of my issues are fixed as far as I can tell since recieving the update about 28 minutes ago.

Jopasz
Casual Listener

Yep, just updated and can confirm it's working properly now

marcofoo

Same problem ad everybody else has described with my Samsung Galaxy Note 8.

App currently not practically useable.

fabiojordan
Casual Listener

Well, it seems the Spotify team mess it around again... The app now has the same problems it had before, stop playing randomly, doesnt update the widget, doesnt send the right name to the audio system in my car... Come on guys, you don`t have**bleep** every time you launch a new update. Hope you fix it asap. Thanks!

wackykhaki
Regular

Same issue with my Galaxy S9.  I finally uninstalled all my apps on all my devices (Galaxy, iPad, my wife's iPhone and my Windows Surface Pro 2) and reinstalled each separately.  Everything works fine until I try and use my Android app on my Galaxy phone.  Music skips, stops playing, loses connection, and won't let me re-assume control with a different device.  I finally just deleted the Android app and will only use my other devices until this gets fixed.   Really annoying since it is my phone that is the most convenient.

SUGGESTED POSTS