Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify App stutters when entering an album, going to the 'Your library' tab, or tapping the notific

Spotify App stutters when entering an album, going to the 'Your library' tab, or tapping the notific

This has been happening constantly (at least on Android) since the new Library UI was introduced. Whenever I go to an album from the 'Now Playing' screen (by tapping on the name of the song), the app lags for 3 seconds and then directs me to the album. Same thing happens when I tap the 'Your Library' tab, it takes some seconds to react and go to the tab

Also, this can usually happen when I tap on the notification; the app will lag and take some seconds before reacting

I've been testing different versions of the app and I didn't have this issue on older versions (before the new UIs were introduced). I also tested that on different devices just to make sure it wasn't my device and in fact, I got the same results on those other devices too. I'd like to see this 'bug' fixed, especially because it's annoying

(Also, for anyone wondering, I have even made a factory reset to my main device and the issue still persists)

Any help would be great!

Plan

Premium

Country

Argentina

Devices

Samsung Galaxy S8+, Samsung Galaxy S10e, Motorola Moto G4

Operating System

Android Pie (Samsung's OneUI), Android Nougat

1 Reply

Hey there @martincxv,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community!

We're aware of some issues causing the app to load a bit slower and the right teams are working on it - so make sure you keep the app updated so you won't miss a fix.

In the meanwhile, we'd suggest making sure that your device is on the latest software version available.

If that doesn't do the trick, we'd suggest checking if the issue persists with a different WiFi or 3G/4G connection. If it works with another connection, we recommend contacting the service provider of the original network for more information.

It might also be a good idea following the steps in this Spotify Answer for a clean reinstall of the app.

Let us know how you get on! Don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else we can help with.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts