Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Song list won't load on certain artists

Like the title says. I don't even get a green arrow. It's just a blank screen. I often have to settle for listening to something else when I really wantedPlanPremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS...

• Casual Listener
  • Like the title says. I don't even get a green arrow. It's just a blank screen. I often have to settle for listening to something else when I really wanted Plan Premium Country   Device (iP...
  • Sjohnst87
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Menus disappeared from 'your library' - Android App

Hi Spotify! My library used to have menus like the left image and then one day this changed to the setup on the right. I want to get this back! The image on the left is of my friends spotify app, the one on the right is mine. Both are the same versio...

Old Library.jpg New Library.png
  • Casual Listener
  •   Hi Spotify!   My library used to have menus like the left image and then one day this changed to the setup on the right. I want to get this back!    The image on the left i...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 6 likes

Superuser Contribution All Playlist shuffle on android! NEED HELP🙏🙏

How can I shuffle and play all the playlists in my library at once, rather than shuffling each playlists interiorly?DEVICE:- Samsung galaxy S7edge ANDROID:- Version OREOMODEL:- release year 2017Rest is fine.

•                How can I shuffle and play all the playlists in my library at once, rather than shuffling each playlists interiorly? DEVICE:-  Samsung ga...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Full library Shuffle in Android
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Car Bluetooth connection stuttering all the time

Spotify keeps jumping/stuttering only when connected to the car Bluetooth. The same problem is happening in two different cars. All my other apps work fine so the problem is just with Spotify. I have read multiple treads in regards to this issue but ...

• Spotify keeps jumping/stuttering only when connected to the car Bluetooth. The same problem is happening in two different cars. All my other apps work fine so the problem is just with Spotify. I have...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Local files wont download from computer

The local files appear but it isn't downloading to the tablet. I disabled my firewall and I think I am on the same network because spotify connect works and I guess that would mean that i am on the correct network.

• The local files appear but it isn't downloading to the tablet. I disabled my firewall and I think I am on the same network because spotify connect works and I guess that would mean that i am on the c...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Blocking Unknown Devices?

So I've been using spotify for a long time through my Facebook and in the last month or so I got premium and since I got it some chrome book keeps using my account and listening to random premade playlists using my premium account they don't ever mes...

• So I've been using spotify for a long time through my Facebook and in the last month or so I got premium and since I got it some chrome book keeps using my account and listening to random premade pla...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Music stops playing by itself

PlanPremiumCountryCanada DeviceSamsung S8Operating SystemAndroid One UI version 1.0Adroid version 9 My Question or IssueWhen I am playing music the app shuts down after playing one and a half songs and I have to restart the app..it happens with both ...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country Canada   Device Samsung S8 Operating System Android One UI version 1.0 Adroid version 9   My Question or Issue When I am playing music the app shuts...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes

Controlling from my phone

PlanFreeCountryUnited StatesDeviceSamsung Galaxy 9Operating System My Question or IssueI try to control spotify from my phone sometimes. I play the music on my computer but it won't let me use my phone as the remote control unless I download it again...

•   Plan Free Country United States Device Samsung Galaxy 9 Operating System     My Question or Issue I try to control spotify from my phone sometimes. I play the music on my ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloaded playlists losing their downloaded status

PlanPremiumCountryUKDevice(Android car stereo)My Question or Issue I keep getting an issue where I downloaded my playlists for offline listening and they randomly lose their downloaded status (the green arrow). I updated spotify the other day and the...

• Plan Premium Country UK Device (Android car stereo) My Question or Issue   I keep getting an issue where I downloaded my playlists for offline listening and they randomly lose their down...
  • Biggus_Dickus
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Library View

I am a musician and I have to listen my songs before reherasal.Yesterday my Library view changed immediately and it is very hard to use.But it is not the essential problem.The essential problem is that I can't listen songs when I enter songs from art...

• I am a musician and I have to listen my songs before reherasal.Yesterday my Library view changed immediately and it is very hard to use.But it is not the essential problem.The essential problem is th...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Foreground app loses focus(?) when Spotify starts a new song

On my Android Pixel 2XL I'll typically play Spotify in the background while using Google Maps navigation, but for the past few weeks I've found Maps will minimize to picture-in-picture mode whenever the track changes in Spotify. I can restore Maps to...

• Casual Listener
  • On my Android Pixel 2XL I'll typically play Spotify in the background while using Google Maps navigation, but for the past few weeks I've found Maps will minimize to picture-in-picture mode whenever ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

App stops responding with some songs

PlanPremiumCountryThailandDeviceXiaomi A1Operating SystemAndroid 9 My Question or IssueAfter upgrading to premium, a "welcome to premium" playlist appeared on my library. I tried to play some songs and they all caused the app to stop responding when ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Thailand Device Xiaomi A1 Operating System Android 9   My Question or Issue After upgrading to premium, a "welcome to premium" playlist appeared on my library. I t...
  • Krungthep
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Crash
    Premium
    stop responding
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Library view

Since last update, the Spotify app is really not userfriendly.Previously there was a clear artists list that included all the artists I follow, as well as artists from whom I have at least one song liked (and downloaded). Now the artists library only...

• Casual Listener
  • Since last update, the Spotify app is really not userfriendly. Previously there was a clear artists list that included all the artists I follow, as well as artists from whom I have at least one song...
  • Huntz34
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

App unusable after update

Not sure what was wrong with the old spotify app.. i guess with the new update the ability to simply view all songs you have saved and shuffle play all has been removed.. quick saving songs is no longer a thing aswell..? i only have a heart button th...

• Casual Listener
  • Not sure what was wrong with the old spotify app.. i guess with the new update the ability to simply view all songs you have saved and shuffle play all has been removed.. quick saving songs is no lon...
  • StephenCurtis
  • 1 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Library gone
    like button only
    songs and shuffle gone
  • 1 replies
  • 5 likes

Missing songs from artist

So I recently noticed some songs are missing from my playlist ( not local songs ), these songs are specifically from the artist "Hyakkei", I searched them again and the artist appeared but no songs appear in the overview, I couldn't even access the r...

•   So I recently noticed some songs are missing from my playlist ( not local songs ), these songs are specifically from the artist "Hyakkei", I searched them again and the artist appeared  ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify autoplay issues

PlanPremiumCountryUkDeviceSamsung Galaxy 8 My Question or IssueIssue 1 - spotify will load by itself and start playing music which I have never heard of/listened to before. I will close this and a few minutes later it will restart Issue 2 - on occasi...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country Uk Device Samsung Galaxy 8   My Question or Issue Issue 1 - spotify will load by itself and start playing music which I have never heard of/listened to befor...
  • Viningr05
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Search Bar on android

PlanPremiumCountryUSADevice(Pixel 3a)Operating System( Android 9 ) My Question or IssueI just switched from my iphone SE to the pixel 3a in the iphone app it had a search bar for only that playlist at the top of it please tell me that you can enable ...

• Plan Premium Country USA Device (Pixel 3a) Operating System ( Android 9 )   My Question or Issue I just switched from my iphone SE to the pixel 3a in the iphone app it had a search bar...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Google assistant on Android TV plays song on built-in Chromecast instead of app

Google assistant on Android TV plays songs on built-in Chromecast instead of playing on installed Spotify app.For YouTube it works properly, for example.

• Casual Listener
  • Google assistant on Android TV plays songs on built-in Chromecast instead of playing on installed Spotify app. For YouTube it works properly, for example.
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

auto dj crossfade feature in spotify playlists removed?

PlanPremiumCountryNetherlandsDeviceOneplus 6Operating SystemAndroid 9 My Question or IssueI am a big fan of the auto dj crossfade function in some of the playlists created by spotify with electronic music. However since a week or two this doesn't see...

• Plan Premium Country Netherlands Device Oneplus 6 Operating System Android 9   My Question or Issue I am a big fan of the auto dj crossfade function in some of the playlists created by...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Car radio BT controls not working

PlanPremiumCountryThe NetherlandsDeviceHuawei Mate 20Operating SystemAndroid 9.0 My Question or IssueFor several weeks now I have been having trouble skipping/pausing songs on the Bluetooth radio in my car. I've looked on the internet for a solution ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country The Netherlands Device Huawei Mate 20 Operating System Android 9.0   My Question or Issue For several weeks now I have been having trouble skipping/pausing songs...
  • VonWafflehelm
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 8 likes
  • bluetooth
    buttons
    Car
    Car Bluetooth
    Skiping tracks
  • 2 replies
  • 8 likes