Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect lags in the last 8 seconds of EVERY song, when casting to soundbar

Spotify Connect lags in the last 8 seconds of EVERY song, when casting to soundbar

I'm using Spotify Connect with my JBL 5.1 sound bar.

After casting Spotify to the bar and clicking Play, it takes about 10 seconds until it starts playing in the bar, then it plays the whole song smoothly, and then in the last 8-10 seconds of the song it just stops, lags for a few seconds, and continue playing the end of the song. SAME THING HAPPENS WITH EACH SONG, which is very annoying.

I've seen similar issues that weren't resolved:
Song stops 7 seconds before the end on Samsung sou... - The Spotify Community

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

Galaxy S22, Desktop

Operating System

Most updated Android

My Question or Issue

7 Replies

Hey @msy3_m-b54xwi,

Thanks for reaching out.

Can you please let us know which of the troubleshooting steps in the linked thread you've tried so we can avoid repeating any?

Also, does the same thing happen when casting from different devices?

Keep us posted.

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey.

Thank you very much for getting back to me.

I've tried all the proposed solutions: Factory reset, hotspot connection and connecting from other device (for example from my laptop to the sound bar through Spotify Connect).

The same problem still happens:
When I start cast from Spotify to the JBL soundbar via Spotify Connect, it takes about 10-15 seconds till it starts playing (the app's player shows like it's playing but no sounds come), then I start hearing the sound from the bar. Then about 7-15 seconds before the end of EACH song, the sound disappears, lagging for 1-2 seconds, disappear again and then it back playing the 7-15 seconds of the song. During this time, the timer of the song in the Spotify app keeps running. So it is resulting in a weird view of, for example, 4:08 time of the song, out of song length of 4:03. See the attached screenshot.

The problem doesn't happen when I do Spotify Connect with other devices like Alexa or Google TV or Facebook Portal, it happens only with the JBL sound bar. But if that happens with other sound bars too (like the Samsung in the other thread), the problem is probably on Spotify side.

I've registered to Spotify Premium just for listening to music on my sound bar and it becomes not possible with this annoying problem.

I'll appreciate any help.

Thank you!

Itai

WhatsApp Image 2023-05-21 at 12.55.10.jpg

Hey @msy3_m-b54xwi,

Thank you for keeping in contact and sharing this info.

To continue investigating this case, does it happen if you use a different device to control the playback on your soundbar?

Also, have you tried with a Bluetooth connection instead of Wi-Fi to see if the issue persists? This will give us a better look at the issue.

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator

Hey Oscar,

The issue happens with every device when using Spotify Connect. I've tried 2 different Samsung Galaxy S22 phones, one Samsung Galaxy S21 phone, and also Spotify desktop app. When casting through Spotify Connect to the sound bar, the issue is consistent with every song.

With Bluetooth connection the issue doesn't reproduced, but Bluetooth is much less convenient for my needs.

Thanks!

Hi @msy3_m-b54xwi,

Thanks for your reply and for trying our recommendations.

We'd recommend making sure the firmware on your sound bar is up-to-date. You can also try resetting the JBL's Wi-Fi connection and check if that helps. Additionally, try to connect the sound bar via Ethernet cable and see if that makes a difference.

Lastly, would it be possible to check if it happens with a different Spotify account? Maybe a family member or friend's account.

We'll wait for your reply!

Susan_GPModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

The firmware is up to date, I resetted the wifi and it didn't work.

BUT, after disconnecting the wifi and connecting it back, it worked properly. The problem is that after a few hours the error came back. So now I know that something happens when I reset wifi, but I still don't know how to solve it. Any idea?

Hi there @msy3_m-b54xwi,

Thanks for the reply.

It's possible that your router is struggling to provide enough bandwidth for all your devices at home, since you've mentioned that you have other smart devices active. You can try switching off your other devices, and leaving on only the JBL Soundbar and your phone to check if the issue occurs. It's very likely that the connection drops at some point and that's why you're getting these pauses while the music is being loaded, especially when the tracks are switching. 

Let us know if the connections works fine in this scenario.

Cheers.

AlexModerator

Suggested posts