Free/Premium

Country

Finland

Device

Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact 

Operating System

Android oreo 8.0

My Question or Issue

I have Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and Denon AVR-X-2100W. The problem is that when using spotify connect the battery drain is very high in my Xperia. And if I stop and close Spotify high battery drain will appear  couple of next days. Booting phone won't help.  I have also IOS devices without problem. Could it be so that Sony is incompatible with Spotify Connect function? 

2 Replies

I get the same issue on my Sony Xperia XA2..

If you put the app into Offline mode (Premium users only) this will stop Spotify connect on the phone which makes a big difference to battery life.

Its a pain in **bleep** but better than battery running low from an app that isn't even being used..

Spotify don't seem to care, their response to allowing people the option to turn off Spotify connect is:

"Hey everyone, Spotify staff here. We're marking this idea as 'Not Right Now' since this specific function isn't in our current pipeline."

I got two tips from Spotify and I think that they worked. However it seems that my Sony is defective because I have still battery drainage but I feel that Spotify is reason anylonger

But the tips:

1. Log in Spotify.com , go your "Profile" select account and the select offline devices. You should remove all content in this folder.

2. Remove SD-card (if you have it) your phone. Then go to settings in your phone and then select "applications  and notifications "(where you can find information of installed application. I have finnish language...). Then select Spotify select storage and empty cache. Then uninstall Spotify (and restart your phone). The re-install Spotify and the install SD-card. 

Suggested posts