Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Favorite Songs Are Missing

I recently made the switch to Spotify and have encountered nothing but problems. I'm running the version with "Favorite Songs" instead of a normal Library like everyone else I know. I was getting used to the system and noticed on the Android app that...

• I recently made the switch to Spotify and have encountered nothing but problems. I'm running the version with "Favorite Songs" instead of a normal Library like everyone else I know. I was getting use...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Album play

PlanFree My Question or IssueWhen I choose an album and press "shuffle play" Spotify includes in the playing queue tracks from other albums too. Why? Is it normal? In the past I only got played tracks from the chosen album. Thanks.

• Regular
  • Plan Free   My Question or Issue When I choose an album and press "shuffle play" Spotify includes in the playing queue tracks from other albums too. Why? Is it normal? In the past I only got...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Repeat button moved from now playing screen

PlanPremiumCountry USADeviceGoogle Pixel 2Operating SystemAndroid I just updated to Android version 9, and my Spotify version is 8.4.67.886 armV7. Today when I went to play some music, I noticed some interface changes. Specifically on the Playing scr...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country  USA Device Google Pixel 2 Operating System Android   I just updated to Android version 9, and my Spotify version is 8.4.67.886 armV7. Today when I went t...
  • dbeeve2707
  • Casual Listener
  • 13 replies
  • 18 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 18 likes

I can't dowload music on my mobile - Premium account

Hi Everyone, I have a premium account. I'd like to download music in order to listen to it when my mobile is offline. It looks to be impossible and I d'ont understand why.When I click on dowload music on the button closed to the playlist, it says go ...

• Casual Listener
  •   Hi Everyone,   I have a premium account.   I'd like to download music in order to listen to it when my mobile is offline. It looks to be impossible and I d'ont understand why. ...
  • Jose_M
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Connection issue with Android and Denon

My Question or Issue Hi guys,I have owned iPhone's for the last number of years and have never had an issue connecting to my Denon 3300.Recently I fancied a change and purchased a Samsung S9 but I can't get it to connect at all,I have the latest firm...

• Casual Listener
  •     My Question or Issue  Hi guys,I have owned iPhone's for the last number of years and have never had an issue connecting to my Denon 3300. Recently I fancied a change and purcha...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Let us change back to the previous play page with fully visible album art.

Now the play page zooms into the album art and blocks out a lot of the art. Please let us go back to having the full album art in view on the play page like before instead of it only being zoomed in as the only option.

• Music Fan
  • Now the play page zooms into the album art and blocks out a lot of the art. Please let us go back to having the full album art in view on the play page like before instead of it only being zoomed in ...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Artist Drop Down Selection

I just started a new Spotify account. How do you get to the artist section in which you select artists from a wide selection and then once you've selected someone a load more artists drop down? I can't seem to enable this PlanPremiumCountry UKDeviceL...

• I just started a new Spotify account. How do you get to the artist section in which you select artists from a wide selection and then once you've selected someone a load more artists drop down? I can...
  • Jose_M
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Display Player problem

PlanPremium CountryIsrael DeviceOneplus 5t Operating SystemAndroid Oreo 8.1 My Question or Issue I use Spotify. In Hebrew. When I get into the player. And slide the device on the side. The song image and player buttons are one above the other

• Regular
  • Plan Premium   Country Israel   Device Oneplus 5t   Operating System Android Oreo 8.1   My Question or Issue  I use Spotify. In Hebrew. When I get into the ...
  • Tamirbn
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify in Dubai

PlanFreeCountryDubai Device(Samsung Galaxy S6)Operating System(Android Naugat) My Question or IssueI can't log in my account it says "Enjoying you trip? to listen abroad for more that 14 days, tell us where you are at Spotify.com"

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country Dubai  Device (Samsung Galaxy S6) Operating System (Android Naugat)   My Question or Issue I can't log in my account it says "Enjoying you trip? to listen abroad...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playback issues for local music

PlanPremiumCountryGermany DeviceSamsung galaxy s9 plusOperating SystemAndroid 8.0 My Question or Issue I imported some local files to Spotify on Android. I can play them, but for some Tracks I am having issues with the transition to the next track. I...

• Music Fan
  •   Plan Premium Country Germany    Device Samsung galaxy s9 plus Operating System Android 8.0   My Question or Issue  I imported some local files to Spotify on And...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Behind The Lyrics doesn‘t work

PlanPremiumGermany DeviceSamsung Galaxy s7 EdgeOperating System Android 8.0.0 I turnt Behind the lyrics on but it still doesn‘t appear. I tried to reinstall it and tried Songs from the „behind the lyrics“ Playlist but still nothing. I also did the sa...

image.jpg
  • Visitor
  • Plan Premium Germany   Device Samsung Galaxy s7 Edge Operating System  Android 8.0.0   I turnt Behind the lyrics on but it still doesn‘t appear. I tried to reinstall it and ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify not appearing in Galaxy Apps South Korea

PlanPremiumCountry South KoreaDeviceSamsung Galaxy S7 Active/Galaxy WatchMy Question or IssueI live in South Korea but brought my phone from the US. I purchased a Galaxy Watch and want to download the Spotify App through Galaxy Apps, but it isn't ava...

• Plan Premium Country  South Korea Device Samsung Galaxy S7 Active/Galaxy Watch My Question or Issue I live in South Korea but brought my phone from the US. I purchased a Galaxy Watch and ...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Where can I find blocked/hidden songs?

I accidentally blocked a recommended track and now I want to find it .

• I accidentally blocked a recommended track and now I want to find it .
  • 0 replies
  • 19 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 19 likes

I am unable to pull up the Queue.

DeviceG6Operating SystemAndroid My Question or Issue I select "go to queue" and the screen flickers for a moment and goes right back to the track playing screen. I am can not access it to see whats there even emidiatly adding something to the queue

•     Device G6 Operating System Android   My Question or Issue  I select "go to queue" and the screen flickers for a moment and goes right back to the track playing screen....
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! I don't have the back button for music?

Plan: FreeDevice: Samsung Galaxy A5 2017Operating System: Android 8.0 My Question or Issue:As the title says, if I want to go back to the previous song I don't have the back button, is just disabled. Why?

• Casual Listener
  • Plan: Free Device: Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 Operating System: Android 8.0   My Question or Issue: As the title says, if I want to go back to the previous song I don't have the back button, is...
  • Jose_M
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Restart required when changing internet source

PlanPremiumCountry uk Devicemoto g4Operating SystemAndroid 8.0 My Question or Issue Quite often a restart is required when going from wifi -> 4G or vica versa whilst spotify is open. When searching for an artist is will take a long time loading and e...

• Plan Premium Country uk   Device moto g4 Operating System Android 8.0  My Question or Issue  Quite often a restart is required when going from wifi -> 4G or vica versa whil...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Android design problem

Previously, I mentioned this problem on the navigation keys of android have more parts. Now you can see another clearer picture My phone model General Mobile Gm8 Android version is 8.1 oreo. 8.1 When the oreo update came this was the wayIt's in the p...

• Regular
  •    Previously, I mentioned this problem on the navigation keys of android have more parts. Now you can see another clearer picture   My phone model General Mobile Gm8 Android versio...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Different layout of the app

noPlanFreeCountry LatviaDeviceNokia 5Operating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or Issue Hello. For some time now the layout of my app has been different than everyone else's I know. This appeared back when I had Premium. Now I can't see the full cover...

• Casual Listener
  • noPlan Free Country  Latvia Device Nokia 5 Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue  Hello. For some time now the layout of my app has been different than everyon...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Empty home page

PlanFreeCountry CanadaDeviceOneplus 6Operating SystemOxygen My Question or IssueSince a few days my home page is empty, I have no recommandations or others (see the screenshot)... I tried uninstall the app et reboot the phone but nothing has changed....

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Free Country  Canada Device Oneplus 6 Operating System Oxygen   My Question or Issue Since a few days my home page is empty, I have no recommandations or others (see ...
  • Toitoine
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes