Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Crashes when trying to access Local File Playlists

Spotify Crashes when trying to access Local File Playlists

Plan

Premium

Device

Samsung Galaxy S8

Operating System

Android 8.0.0

My Question or Issue

Previously I had several playlists of only local file music that I made on desktop, and moving my music to my phone allowed the playlists to work, but I can't seem to get that to happen now

Any local files now that I add to a existing playlist aren't available, even after moving the music files from desktop to android, and any playlists containing only local music crash the android app with no error

Also downloading the playlists on android doesn't do anything

Reading other threads I've already allowed spotify to bypass the firewall on the desktop, and I'm using the same network as the desktop

2 Replies

I've have exactly the same problem (on Android phone and tablet). The playlists worked fine on desktop but any attempt to access them on several Android devices resulted in the app crashing without an error message.

Adding a single song from Spotify's library allowed me to access the see and play playlist on phone or tablet and download the songs to my phone (Galaxy S9) but only see the playlist (it stopped the crash) on my tablet (an old Galaxy Tab S2) - as you say clicking on download does nothing for the tablet except download the song from the Spotify library.

The obvious difference is Android versions (the S9 is running Android 9 and the Tab S2 Android 7). But this feature definitely worked in the past as I have several mixed playlists on the tablet that have content downloaded and that worlk fine.

It's frustrating.

Tried adding a single song to the local playlist but the songs are still greyed out and unaccessible 

Suggested posts