Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Free Freeze on Ads

Spotify Free Freeze on Ads

Spotify Mobile will freeze when attempting to play ads for 30 seconds. No ad appears and the app freezes completely. Cannot unfreeze unless I restart my phone
I have uninstalled and re-installed the app, it did not solve the issue.
My device is a Moto X Play using Android 6.0.1
My Spotify account is currently the free version
The app version of Spotify is 8.4.1.846 armV7
Screenshot_20170506-120154.png
9 Replies

I have the same Problem on my Galaxy Tab 3. It occured since the last update a few days ago.

Uninstalling the update for the app will speed you up. Updates are almost
always an advertising group ##- type your reply above this
line -##

Keep the app, just uninstalling the update was best

I have the same issue as OP.  Each time the ad pops up for a free 30 minutes without ads, the app locks up, giving the same display as the OP. Stopping and restarting the app does nothing, it comes back up frozen, dispalying that black screen.

My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S7 (SM-G930V) running Android 7.0. The Spotify app is version 8.4.1.847.

This has been going on for weeks now, I see it posted all over various tech boards. This bug makes the app unusable, since I have to power the device off and restart it. Let's go, Spotify. Get this darn bug fixed for crying out loud.

Thank you for the suggestion, can you tell me how to uninstall the update?

Same problem here, device is a Xiaomi Redmi 3S with Android 6.0.1.

The ad problem persists. I just updated the app last night. This time, a taco Bell ad
played for 30 seconds. Then the image for a Valvoline ad popped up, with a
timer showing it had played for 29 second and paused. I hit play and got
nothing. Tried to select a song and was told to upgrade to premium for an
ad free experience. I don't mind ads. I mind ads that don't work.

I've been battling this problem for at least 2 months now.  Ads are fine.  Ads that lock up the app are not.  Only solution I've found so far is to restart the phone.  iOS.  Has happened on a 6, and now a 7-Plus.  These issues seem very old, judging by the forums.  Can Spotify not get it right?

11-15-17

months later, never went away

destroys the experience for me when music just goes dead

Suggested posts