Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Pausing ALL audio playback randomly on Android

Spotify Pausing ALL audio playback randomly on Android

Phone: Pixel 3
Spotify version: 8.5.33.831

There is a bug in the latest Android Spotify app. The Spotify app, without warning, with no notifications, and no user actions will randomly pause any audio media playing on the OS. That means that it will not only pause Spotify audio playback randomly but will also pause Google Play Music playback, Google Podcast playback, and any other audio app playback.

I've verified that the Spotify app is the root cause using trace developer options showing that Spotify processes start up in the background at every random pause and confirmed by uninstalling Spotify and not experiencing the spontaneous pausing. I have confirmed that I have both the most up to date Android OS and Spotify app.

4 Replies

Notice the same on Samsung S8. Google music pauses randomly. Fixed by uninstalling the Spotify app.

Happens on my Pixel 3, I'm a paid suscriber. Annoying. Only started recently. I already reinstalled, same issue. Lost my downloaded playlist in the process. Will unsubscribe if issue persists.

I too am experiencing this and it is getting out if hand. I have tried and exhausted all possible solutions found in the community but still to no avail.

I am on Samsung S9+, Android version 10, Spotify version 8.5.49.973.

Troubleshooting tried:

1) clearing all the cache

2) reinstalling spotify

3) signing out everywhere via spotify web

4) updating my android to the latest version

5) updating spotify to the latest version

This problem have been persisting for the past almost 1 month already. Please advice

Hey guys, I suggest checking the battery settings on your phone. 

Some Android devices have battery settings that restrict apps from playing in the background that might cause some issues with background playback on Spotify.

Stay safe!

Suggested posts