Premium

Country

U.S.

Device

Google Pixel 3 A XL

Operating System

Android 12

My Question or Issue

The Spotify code, for my playlist that has cover art is not matching (in color) the cover art, which is not showing, when I go to the playlist options. This issue has also happened, with other playlists that have cover art. It needs to work, as soon as the cover art is added. If I want to share the playlist, using the code and image, or at least the image, I want it to  be the color of the cover art that I picked.

Here's the playlist and images of how it  looks, before and after hitting the options and "Share" buttons.

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/7tOwcPZUCR907oPt67lTWq?si=sAWb-9meSci1MP7xYdNxkA&utm_source=copy-l...

Screenshot_20220116-123753.png

Screenshot_20220116-123805.png

Screenshot_20220116-123835.png

Follow me

3 Replies

The Spotify code image shows up correctly for me with the custom image when I view your playlist in the iOS app. The code color is matched too.

It could be a caching issue and it takes a little while to update on your end.

The share sheet doesn't show the custom image for me just like you said, however. I then tested several of my own playlists that are years old, and the same thing with those. So maybe custom images are not supported when sharing playlists via the share sheet. I could only get playlists made by Spotify to show the custom image on the share sheet.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

It doesn't show up, for me, which matters the same. I have playlists that have custom cover art that didn't work, before, which are now working correctly. I don't know how to fix it, with the cache. I didn't have to do anything, before. I also don't want to clear anything that will remove my downloaded local files.

Though, I wasn't really stating that the custom cover art doesn't show up, on what you call the "share sheet". I was just showing that image, to show how it was in all stages. Since you made me aware that it does show up, on Spotify-made playlists, that's something that I'd like to be addressed, for working on ours as well.

Follow me

Is the image still showing up the same as before?

You could try going into the Spotify app settings and under "storage" there should be a "clear cache" option. This is separate from the "remove downloads" option. Not sure if that will help though.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts