Spotify Premium Mobile Not Working

Spotify Premium Mobile Not Working

DaDerpityDerp
Regular
Spotify suddenly stopped working when my android is connected to my carrier. It only works when I'm connected to wifi. I've done everything including reinstalling Spotify several times. I've had spotify premium for two years and i will cancel my subscription if no one will fix the problem.
16 Replies

Re: Spotify Premium Mobile Not Working

Josh
Community Legend

Hello!

Do you mean streaming or downloading songs for offline mode? 

Hope this helped :)

Don't forget to add your Kudos and mark as a solution if it helped you!

Follow me on Twitter

Whats a Spotify Rock Star?

Peter__
Community Legend

Also, are you getting any error messages? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

DaDerpityDerp
Regular
Thanks for replying. I'm primarily concerned with streaming, but for that matter download wouldn't work, and when I clear the cache the app doesn't even let me sign in because it says there's no internet connection. Which is patently false because I have a full reception and every other app connect to the internet with no problem. I have a hundred has something to do with my carrier and this Spotify app particularly, because on wifi Spotify connects no problem.

DaDerpityDerp
Regular
there's no error message with a code or anything, the only thing it says is no internet connection when I try to sign in. Or if I'm already signed in because I was using wifi, and then I turn wifi off and go to my carrier then it says Spotify is offline.

I have done everything, rebooting the phone, wiping the cache, reinstalling the app, changing my password. Nothing works.

Joe
Community Legend

Do other apps work on 3G/4G? Can you browse the web for example?

DaDerpityDerp
Regular
Yes, every other app accesses the web perfectly fine on 4G. It's just Spotify for some inexplicable reason.

Josh
Community Legend

Hmmm... thats really weird. Are you on Android or iOS?

Hope this helped :)

Don't forget to add your Kudos and mark as a solution if it helped you!

Follow me on Twitter

Whats a Spotify Rock Star?

Joe
Community Legend

@DaDerpityDerp I've move this thread over to the android section where other android users will see it and maybe contribute.

Let's get some concrete information to help work out what's going wrong here. Can you please post the following:

Mobile phone model.

Android version.

Spotify version.

Mobile service provider.

Is the phone rooted?

Could you reinstall spotify following the steps in part B of this post to ensure all traces of spotify are removed before reinstalling.

Thanks.

DaDerpityDerp
Regular
  • Phone Model: LG Optimus L9
  • Android Verson: 4.1.2 (Jellybean)
  • Spotify Version: 0.7.2.402-g40e8dcb4 (whatever that means. it's the latest version, as I've reinstalled it several times this week)
  • Mobile Carrier: Metro PCS
  • Not Rooted

Please note that I've had the same carrier for the past two years that I've had Spotify premium. I did recently get this piece of garbage phone, but Spotify was working just fine on it until a few days ago, and only now will it not connect to the internet over 4G. On wifi it is fine. But on 4G it says "no internet connection." All other apps connect to the internet perfectly fine in any circumstance. There seems to be a problem with my carrier and Spotify.

Unfortunately for Spotify I won't pay for a service I can't use. As nice as Spotify is, it is useless to me if I have to be connected to wifi to use it.

I'm not sure what you meant by "part b" of your post, but I have reinstalled Spotify several times during this ordeal to no effect.

Thanks for your replies by the way.

SUGGESTED POSTS