Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Really Quiet Compared to Google Maps

Spotify Really Quiet Compared to Google Maps

I usually have spotify on in background while I drive and use google maps for navigation.  The problem is that the google voice is so loud compared to spotify that to avoid being boomed at painfully loud I have to turn volume down to a point where I can barely hear music.

My phone is galaxy S4.

Can anyone help me fix this?

5 Replies

Hey there @TooManyNames, welcome to the community!

I'm sorry to say, there currently isn't a workaround for this. This seems to be a problem with Google Maps since this happens with other music services like Pandora. From a post on another website :

"Without root, I don't think you have a choice in the matter. Pandora and Maps are both being funneled through the same "pipe" if you will, so they're collectively turned up or down together. LONG ago they were separate, but Google lumped Maps in with all other media, so I think we're stuck with what we have." - source.

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

What you could do is turn off the Google maps navigation voice. That's what I ended up doing when playing Spotify

Yeah I do this also but its not so accurate, like it shows me coming up to a roundabout when I have already driven past it, makes finding turnings tricky, the voice navigation is really needed in most cases.

Why is spotify so quiet compared to the voice?

Same here. Note 3. So if Spotify and voice for Google Maps come through the same pipe then why would one be louder than the other?

I think the problem is google maps makes music quiet when voice comes on and then doesnt turn it back up.  I had problem today and parked and restarted my phone and then the problem went away.

Suggested posts