Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Running Arrives to Android

Solved!

Spotify Running Arrives to Android

Since the launch of Spotify Running, millions of you have laced up and hit the road together with the best musical motivation out there.

Today we’re thrilled to be bringing the same great experience to our Android users.

With Spotify Running, we’ve combined the best music on the planet with recommendations based on your listening history, multiple-genre playlists as well as original running compositions.

Simply select your tempo and start running. We’ll match the perfect music in time to your step to help you go the extra mile.

Spotify Running on Android starts rolling out to users today. Learn more on https://www.spotify.com/running

28 Replies

This feature disappeared for me after a recent update. I tried reinstalling the app, restarting phone, etc etc but no luck. Is there any reason I can't access this anymore? How do I fix this issue?
Marked as solution

Hey @Gmsitter! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

Spotify Running has moved.

Running can now be found under Browse > Genres & Moods, along with Spotify's new Party feature! ^^

Peace

Thanks! I never really use the browse feature so I missed it.

Hi all, i've just tried this feature and I like it very much, I've only two questions: 

• I don't have auto detect function on my phone while my friend with an android phone running Lollipop 5.1.1(as me) has it, why??
  • I would love to set a rate and download locally the playlist not to use all my data for streaming, would you ever let it offline?

Anyway I like what you're doing, keep it up!

Still no spotify running with tempo detection for me guys. Xperia z5 here. Help!

Ive alreadt checked the browse feature. Theres party but no running. Thanks!

Tried this feature out last night after a month off - took me a couple of minutes to find due to the move.

1. The auto bpm appeared not to work (Galaxy S6). I had Strava running and was using the phone sensor to record my cadence. Don't like to guess but might it have been clashing on the sensor?

2. I got the age old random Spotify shutdown, something that persists after app updates and a fresh install. When it happened this time Strava did not crash but had a recording error and skewed the agOS data.

Anyone else experienced similar and can I solve?

Have you discovered if you can download the Running playlists at your chosen BPM? I have a race this weekend and I hear streaming may be spotty...want to download just inc ase.

Hey Rorey!

So here I am, two and a half years after your assumption of releasing tempo detection "in the upcoming weeks" - there is no tempo detection in my Galaxy S7, the model which is around for two years or so..

What's happened to you, friends?

Running without tempo detection is truly meaningless - just another playlist.

And I am verysorry, because I tried it on iOS and it is just what I need, even though the feature itself is far from perfect (in terms of compiling the playlists - the tempo is all over the place at times)

We need tempo detection on Android - give it to us!

Suggested posts