Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Running for Android.

Solved!

Spotify Running for Android.

Hey there,

Is there Spotify running support ve Android phones? Or will there be any support in the future?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi,

Running will certainly be offered in a future update. It's already in testing on Android 😉

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

View solution in original post

34 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi,

Running will certainly be offered in a future update. It's already in testing on Android 😉

Android Troubleshooting:

Thanks! I'm very excited to see it on Android (and just signed up for the Android beta testing program).

Are there any early impressions you can share? (If not, I understand.)

It's currently in an A/B test I believe... I don't have it available on my profile so can't share any opinions. Sorry

Android Troubleshooting:

Well, I can say we're waiting impatiently it to be released.

I won't be searching for the songs i need when i'm running anymore.

One month later, still waiting.

Spotify​, I;m getting fat, what's up with that Android's running update?

On spotify 3.3.0.939 Beta you can listen those music (no tempo detection) also its only available in beta so if you update it you won't be able to listen those running songs (they are really awesome).

@TitusMartinus I've edited out that link in your reply. Please don't post download files to the beta apk as you agreed to not do that when you've joined the beta program.  Thanks.

Still nothing...

Also waiting for this feature.  Soon please!!

I wonder why I pay the same as ios users and have less features.

Still waiting very patiently for the running feature... or am I missing it? I see the new layout/player but no running or tv options. I'm also a paid user, wondering why iOS gets these features before Android users, especially if we all pay the same price. 

TV options aren't as big of a deal to me as Running though, as I use Spotify for music and don't plan on using the TV option.

2 months, 19.98€ euros

seriously considering resiliating, as u only seem to care about ios users.

I've been thinking the same, since it's soon 3 months since they released to iOS, that why am I paying full price for a portion of the service?

oh please, stop the whining. The feature IS coming to Android. However the feature is a bit backwards if you ask me. It would be better if you could set the pace (e.g. BPM) first. The music is supposed to help you keep the pace, not the music to adopt to your tempo.

I'm actually waiting for Running on Android to become a paying subscriber... if, however, it always tries to keep measuring my tempo and adapt the music to it, instead of being able to set a target tempo, it is going to be less useful... looking forward to trying it anyway, though

Yeah, I also wonder if it will match tempo to a workout in general, like you can switch to Weight lifting mode and depending on the gyrations, play lifting music based on preset preferences for music genres.

How is the "Running" and "Now" features taking so long (over 3 months) after it was released on iOS to be implemented in the Android app? It feels like Spotify has hit a major issue with the Android platform about those two features and it looks like we will not be getting them.

Prove me wrong Spotify and release them soon.

If you like using the "Your Music" feature have in mind that you are LIMITED to 10 000 tracks. If you want this to be fixed vote for this post

I'm a really disappointed android user because of the LACK of Spotify running. If the update takes so much time then it better be bug free on release.

Suggested posts