Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Starred play list will not update.

Spotify Starred play list will not update.

I have tried everything in the book but I cannot get my Spotify list to update on my phone. It has been a while and at this point it's becoming a real nuisance not being able to play the songs I want without needing to physically look up each individual song each time.
5 Replies

Is it not syncing with another device or are you unable to add new tracks to it?

My phone specifically has an out of date "Starred" Playlist that looks like it hasn't been updated in years

They did away with the starred playlist and the ability to add tracks to it by starring them a couple of years ago. At that time all starred music was moved to a playlist called Starred. You can still add music to it by using the "add to playlist" option but Your Music is possibly a better way to organise your sounds.

This still does not explain why my Starred Playlist is not updating. I mean I realize that they changed the original Starred function and transferred all those songs onto a new Playlist called "Starred". But after I added some new songs to the play list, the play list on my mobile device will not update while the "Starred" Playlist on my computer and in the browser does update.

The playlists reside on different servers depending on the platform you are accessing. The Android application has had the starred playlist locked down completely... I would suggest creating a new 'Starred' or 'Favourites' playlist and transferring your songs to this.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Suggested posts