Spotify Tablet UI

Plan

Premium

Device

Galaxy Tab S7+

Operating 

Android 12

My Question or Issue

Found a weird problem with the app's UI, elements appear to be squished to one side as if avoiding a notch that doesnt exist. Already tried changing the display dpi to no avail.

Screenshot_20220628-093601_Spotify.png
10 Replies

also have this problem on a tab S8+

Hey folks, 

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Could you let us know which troubleshooting steps you've already tried? That way we can avoid any repeating steps. 

If you haven't tried performing a clean reinstall of the app, we suggest that you do so by following these specific steps. 

If this doesn't do the trick, could you let us know if the same happens in vertical mode?

Lastly, we'd like to know if this started happening after a specific event such as an update. 

Keep us posted.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Already tried clearing the cache, changing tablet DPI settings, and reinstalling the app.

App works as it should vertically.

As for when it first happened, just as I had installed the app on my tablet. Landscape mode works properly on my phone.

I have the same problem, also Tab S7+, tried various ways to fix that, nothing helps. It used to be good UI before, but after some update it seems to be broken now. Smartphone version is working just fine.

Screenshot_20220701-002804_Spotify.jpg

Hi folks,

Could you let us know the exact version of Spotify you're running? You can find it under the app's settings > About.

Once we have this information we'll forward it to our internal teams who'll investigate further.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Also running on the same version as ser_jace, although this problem has occurred for a while. I was just hoping another update would fix it, so didn't give it much attention. I think I've had this issue since around late April or May when I first got the tablet and downloaded the app. Clean Install didn't work nor did clearing the cache/storage.

Screenshot_20220707-134316_Spotify.jpg

Hey everyone,

Thank you all for your patience.

Can you please let us know if you've set any custom settings to your tablets such as custom widgets to navigate the home screen?

Looking forward to your replies.

MihailYModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

As far as I can see now, the issue disappeared after my tablet received an Android update. This bug no longer appears, possibly because an OS optimized all apps on my tablet (I got a pop-up that showed a number of apps being optimized for a new version of One UI). I hope this bug is gone for good.

Answering your query, I did not set any custom settings and didn't change anything in my tablet settings. The problem disappeared after the new One UI version was installed. Screenshot is attached.

Screenshot_20221022_233727_Spotify.jpg

Hey folks,

Thanks for your replies.

Rest assured this is being investigated. Don't forget to send us the exact Spotify version you have running on your devices.

@Cliché, can you let us know if you've set any custom settings to your tablets, such as custom widgets to navigate home screens?

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Screenshot_20221216_181553_Spotify.jpg

Plan

Premium

Country

India

Device

Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra

Operating System

Android 13 with OneUI 5.0

My Question or Issue

The media player in app is restricted to half screen real estate.

Suggested posts