Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Unlimited - ads on tablet

Solved!

Spotify Unlimited - ads on tablet

Hi

Today I subscribed spotify unlimited just to avoid ads while listening music from my tablet. Unfortunetely - nothing happened. On PC spotify is ad-free, but on android my playlists are still interrupted by (much louder than music) ads. Why isn't it working?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Two options really:

1) If you would like to request a refund, get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to lend a hand to get that sorted out for you. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

2) Upgrade to Premium which will convert your already paid for Unlimited time into Premium time (at 2 days Unlimited = 1 day Premium).

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

11 Replies

With Unlimited you only get ad-free listening on desktop. On tablets, you can play music on demand but will still get ads. This chart sets out the features of the three tiers but please shoult if something isn't clear.

why isn't it written on the website? 

Bez tytułu.png

I know it's in polish, you have to trust my translation or check it in translator. It's a screnshoot from subscription cancelation page. The second paragraph - there's written that spotify unlimited is totaly adfree. No word about exception mobile devices from this rule. I also didn't found any mention about it on other spotify pages. Except forum, of course. Just now, unfortunetely... I feel a bit cheated 😞

We have reported that error (actually a while ago now!), the text on the page you are viewing (which is the cancellation page I think) hasn't been updated since it was changed so non-premium accounts can access the mobile apps.

Peter

But don't you think it's a bit unfair? I wouldn't buy unlimited account if i knew that before. I don't use spotify on PC a lot so i don't need unlimited account in this case 😞 And it's definitely not my fault that I was not fully informed... I don't have a duty to browse hundreds of forum topics to get to know what exactly I get for my money

Presumably you already had an Unlimited subscription before you could see that old page? So your decision to take an Unlimited subscription was not actually baed on it?

Marked as solution

Two options really:

1) If you would like to request a refund, get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to lend a hand to get that sorted out for you. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

2) Upgrade to Premium which will convert your already paid for Unlimited time into Premium time (at 2 days Unlimited = 1 day Premium).

Peter

So @Peter__ , are you saying that you can see the Unlimited benefits you will lose on cancelling if you don't already have an Unlimited subscription? If not, then I don't understand why you think a refund might be given on the basis of something you can't actually see before subscribing.

@jwylot wrote:

So @Peter__ , are you saying that you can see the Unlimited benefits you will lose on cancelling if you don't already have an Unlimited subscription? If not, then I don't understand why you think a refund might be given on the basis of something you can't actually see before subscribing.

That is true I guess, and looking at it, it is pretty clear on the Unlimited subscribe page where it says "Listen on your desktop & laptop. Millions of songs — just hit play. No ads & no commitment". 

You would however see the cancellation page if you had a 30 day free Premium trial and where downgrading.

Peter

@Peter__ but then it would show the Premium benefits you were about to lose 🙂

Ok, I got a refound and 3-months premium account as apologize 🙂  I love Spotify!!!

Awesome 🙂

Suggested posts