Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Using Up Internal and SD Card Storage Even When Deleted

Spotify Using Up Internal and SD Card Storage Even When Deleted

So I've been having memory issues, similar to a lot of people, yet which I'm yet to find a solution for. I have a 16GB memory card and 16GB internal storage on my Samsung android phone. Spotify had been saving to my internal memory, but that was full, which was stopping me from installing apps, updating apps etc.

So I transferred my saved songs to the SD card, freeing up internal memory space. This worked for a day or two before my phone started showing Spotify as taking up about 5GB on BOTH my internal memory and SD card memory. So once again I couldn't install any apps or updates etc.

I've since even tried uninstalling the app, but this 'ghost storage' issue persists, as I still have spotify files taking up a tonne of memory on my SD card, and in my internal memory, even once uninstalled.

This is really frustrating. I need some help with it - please!

1 Reply

Hey @tommacg, welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with this. We'll definitely be able to help though.

Does the issue persist if you go into your device's file manager and delete the folder where your synced tunes are? Once that's taken care of, your music should only be taking up space on your SD card.

Let us know how it goes.

Suggested posts