Premium Family

Country

USA

Device

Nexus 6P

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

The app won't load on my phone.  When I try to open the app, I just seen a black loading screen, followed by a message that says Spotify has stopped working.  I have already cleared cache, uninstall, and reinstalled.  It worked fine for a few hours, but it later crashed again and won't load back up.  I'm also using Android Auto, if that helps.  I see alot of other people having the same issue, not sure if they're all using Android Auto.  I don't want to waste my bandwidth redownloading my music again if I don't have to.  Have you guys fixed this issue?  

7 Replies

Exactly the same thing here. First thing was offine music not letting you select a point in the song, and now this. What the **bleep** am I paying for.

I'm having it on my HTC 10 Nougat.

Same thing here too.

The app just had an available update. It looks like the crashing got fixed, but I am still having problems with the app.

It does not download all of the songs in a playlist when I select "Download", and "not letting you select a point in the song" as mikekay313 mentioned. 

Samsung Galaxy S6, Android 7.0

I have the same thing and it's getting really annoying! I'm not paying money to Spotify for no reason. If they don't fix this shitty bug I'm stopping my subscription and find some other music service. 

They should listen to their users and not let them go unanswered. It's gone downhill ever since March of this year. It's unbelievable how shitty this app has become. I'm on an LG G4 btw. Fix this bug Spotify or I will never recommend your servuce again and just download my songs.

I'm having the same problem on my Samsung A21. I have the Premium subscription and my OS is Android 10.
I use the Spotify widget on my home screen. When I touch the icon, it either freezes up, or the screen goes black... it takes several minutes before it loads.
This is EXTREMELY annoying! I have uninstalled the app, restarted my phone countless times, I've even wiped the cache.
I love the Spotify app, but if this continues, I'm canceling my premium subscription and going back to the Pandora app... which I really don't want to do.
Any advice??

Hey there @21t66jq26vlhjbe,

Thank you for your posts. We're happy to help.

Just to double-check (since you mentioned already giving reinstalling the app a shot), have you done a "clean" reinstall of the app already? It's more thorough than a regular one. of the app. This will ensure that any old cached files are not causing this.

We would appreciate if you could give us more information. Does this occur when you press the three dot menu in a playlist or directly in the home screen? 

Also - it would be great if you'd provide us with a screen recording. It will help us understand more directly what's going on from your end.

We'll have an eye open for your reply.

Cheers!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Mario,

Thank you for getting back to me. I followed your advice and the Spotify
app seems to be working much better now. I'll see how it goes, and if I
need more help I'll let you know.

Thank you again,

Sincerely,
Rob

Hey @21t66jq26vlhjbe,

Thanks a lot for keeping us in the loop.

Sure thing, keep us posted 🙂 

You'll find us here. 

Cheers Rob!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts