Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Won't Use certain Wifi

Spotify Won't Use certain Wifi

Hi all

I'm using Spotify on my Samsung Note 3 but am having a few problems when I connect to Wifi in anywhere other than my home.  I can have a strong Wifi connection in my work or on the train for example but get the "No Internet Connection" message within Spotify.

As soon as I disable wifi and use cellular data then it connects again.

Don't have this problem at home which would make me think the wifi I connect to at work is the problem but other applications on my phone are not affected in the same way (ie thinking there is no internet connection) when connected to that wifi

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

5 Replies

My first guess would be that a firewall is blocking the ports Spotify connects using (some connections will do it so you can't stream to save bandwidth).

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi Peter...that does make perfect sense.  I'll check that out (without making it obvious I'm using work bandwidth to stream music!)

Thanks very much for your quick response.

Cheers

Sorry to jump in, but I'm having this exact same problem. Is there any sort of workaround for this? I work in an office where there is free public wifi, so I don't have access to open any ports or such.

Unfortunately not, Spotify in general needs port 4070 to be open to be able to stream. Many public WiFi networks have all ports blocked apart from 80 and 8080 for webpages.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Stellacesi

Yes

Suggested posts