Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Sazid11
  • Visitor
  • 58 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 58 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Distorted sound with the android app

Hi,With my new Samsung galaxy a5 2017 running Android 6.0.1,the sound is a bit distorted without using any equalizer .May someone help me to fix this problem?Thanks very much

• Roadie
  • Hi, With my new Samsung galaxy a5 2017 running Android 6.0.1,the sound is a bit distorted without using any equalizer . May someone help me to fix this problem? Thanks very much 🙂
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

sound changes volume randomly

When I'm listening to any song offline and online it just goes dim and it gets louder after a little bit I've tried everything and it still does it i need help please

• When I'm listening to any song offline and online it just goes dim and it gets louder after a little bit I've tried everything and it still does it i need help please
  • Angestar68
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Android Auto not connecting

I've read some messages about their Spotify not connecting to Android Auto and I have yet seen a fix or if this is a known issue or not. I have the Galaxy S8 and when I connect it to my Android Auto it had no problem loading up and playing music for ...

• I've read some messages about their Spotify not connecting to Android Auto and I have yet seen a fix or if this is a known issue or not. I have the Galaxy S8 and when I connect it to my Android Auto ...
  • JayJay1997
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify ignoring subwoofer channel on 2.1 audio systems

I have Android (version 4.4.4) car radio with 2.1 channel audio system.Spotify ignoring subwoofer channel and play only normal 2.0 stereo.It also ignore system default EQ.This is problem of Spotify app, not Android or hardware of the car stereo.Pleas...

• I have Android (version 4.4.4) car radio with 2.1 channel audio system. Spotify ignoring subwoofer channel and play only normal 2.0 stereo. It also ignore system default EQ. This is problem of Spo...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Music Suddenly Stops

Hi,I am experiencing an issue with Spotify: my music suddenly stops playing. When I go to resume the song, I have to start it from the beginning. After restarting the song, the problem will happen again and again, until I restart the phone. It will t...

• Visitor
  • Hi, I am experiencing an issue with Spotify: my music suddenly stops playing. When I go to resume the song, I have to start it from the beginning. After restarting the song, the problem will happe...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 15 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 2 likes

Bug report: Music's name changed

The album Crimson Thunder, Hammerfall is with 3 songs that the name are changed: "The unforgiving blade", "Angel of Mercy" and "Trailblazers".Fix this please. Thank you.

• The album Crimson Thunder, Hammerfall is with 3 songs that the name are changed: "The unforgiving blade", "Angel of Mercy" and "Trailblazers". Fix this please. Thank you.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Local files doesn't transfer to Android

Hello everyone, I'm having problems trying transfer local files(.mp3 on Windows 10) to my smartphone, the files doesn't download. I use android 6.0 and when I tested on another device with android 7.1.2 gave the same problem. Please, someone can help...

Screenshot_20170615-193801[2].png
  • Visitor
  •    Hello everyone, I'm having problems trying transfer local files(.mp3 on Windows 10) to my smartphone, the files doesn't download. I use android 6.0 and when I tested on another dev...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android 6.0
    Android 7.1
    Windows 10
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Advertisement freezes the app?

I am a spotify free user so it's usual that my spotify shows me ads, but now when a certain advertisement came, it doesn't have sound even tho the time indicator goes forward. And when the ad is finished at 20 seconds, this app kinda freezes, it does...

• I am a spotify free user so it's usual that my spotify shows me ads, but now when a certain advertisement came, it doesn't have sound even tho the time indicator goes forward. And when the ad is fini...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Issue casting to Chromecast Audio - music just stops playing

I did a search and found a few mentions but is this a known issue?I listen to Spotify on the desktop, laptop and phone and have no issues but soon after I start casting Spotify to my Chromecast Audio the streaming stops. Sometimes it will play again ...

• I did a search and found a few mentions but is this a known issue? I listen to Spotify on the desktop, laptop and phone and have no issues but soon after I start casting Spotify to my Chromecast Aud...
  • melingaok
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Comercials

I'm using spotify unlimited and on my mobile divice i still have comercials. On my desktop i don't have these. Why??

• Casual Listener
  • I'm using spotify unlimited and on my mobile divice i still have comercials. On my desktop i don't have these. Why??
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs in playlist greyed out but can play album songs

Hi, On my Galaxy Tab S 8.4 some or all songs on some (not all) play-lists are greyed out, but I can find and play the songs from the corresponding album. Any idea how to fix this? Regards,Gijsbert

• Hi,   On my Galaxy Tab S 8.4 some or all songs on some (not all) play-lists are greyed out, but I can find and play the songs from the corresponding album. Any idea how to fix this?   R...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

My Home Audio system starter when im out of Wi-Fi

I have my audio system Pioneer X-HM72D conected with Spotify. In Android aplication I have turn on option to showing device only in this same Wi-Fi or Ethernet, but I still can turn on my audio in home, when I started aplication for example in work a...

• I have my audio system Pioneer X-HM72D conected with Spotify. In Android aplication I have turn on option to showing device only in this same Wi-Fi or Ethernet, but I still can turn on my audio in ho...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Sound stops

The song plays for 15-30 seconds then the sound stops. The screen shows the song still playing but there is no sound. If I pause it then hit play again it makes a split second sound then nothing again.

• The song plays for 15-30 seconds then the sound stops. The screen shows the song still playing but there is no sound. If I pause it then hit play again it makes a split second sound then nothing agai...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Won't shuffle artists!

Spotify (usually) only shuffles ONE album of an artist when im trying to shuffle the whole artist. After a while it just keeps playing from one album..Please help, this cant be right..

• Spotify (usually) only shuffles ONE album of an artist when im trying to shuffle the whole artist. After a while it just keeps playing from one album.. Please help, this cant be right..
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Recommended songs is stuck to reggae

My main playlist contains many types of music and in a list of approx 200 songs there must be about 4 reggae songs. Why is Recomended Songs stuck to reggae and it has been like this for months now and after 100 refreshes it is still reggae only. It i...

• Casual Listener
  • My main playlist contains many types of music and in a list of approx 200 songs there must be about 4 reggae songs. Why is Recomended Songs stuck to reggae and it has been like this for months now an...
  • harrythebarrel
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium Family kündigen

Hey,ich hoffe, dass mir hier einer weiterhelfen kann.Ich habe mir vor ein paar Monaten Spotify Premium Family geholt weil mein Lebensgefährte auf seiner Montagearbeit auch Musik gehört hat. Da ich nur noch Musik höre und er nicht mehr mit unterwegs i...

• Visitor
  • Hey, ich hoffe, dass mir hier einer weiterhelfen kann. Ich habe mir vor ein paar Monaten Spotify Premium Family geholt weil mein Lebensgefährte auf seiner Montagearbeit auch Musik gehört hat. Da ic...
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloaded music stops working if not connected to the internet

Since the update where the song card swaps out with another that has factual quotes etc on it I can no longer listen to downloaded music after a day or so without having to go back online.

• Since the update where the song card swaps out with another that has factual quotes etc on it I can no longer listen to downloaded music after a day or so without having to go back online.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files greyed out

So, I have this weird problem where I'm running Spotify on my Android and local files on my Mac will all show up in my Android library when I put them into a playlist, but some files are greyed out. I've already tried restarting my phone, and uninsta...

18216356_838699186283151_1303890418_o.png
  • Casual Listener
  • So, I have this weird problem where I'm running Spotify on my Android and local files on my Mac will all show up in my Android library when I put them into a playlist, but some files are greyed out. ...
  • AbhisheksGreen
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Files won't play on android

So, this is an issue you've probably heard before. I have a playlist full of local files on my Mac and I'm unable to play some of them -- not all, only some -- on my phone, and they're all greyed out. Before you tell me to try uninstalling and reinst...

• Casual Listener
  • So, this is an issue you've probably heard before. I have a playlist full of local files on my Mac and I'm unable to play some of them -- not all, only some -- on my phone, and they're all greyed out...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

How do I disconnect my desktop and mobile app?

For some reason I can't seem to find what should be the simple option of not having my mobile phone show me what my spotify is playing on my desktop. Right now my mobile phone is constantly showing the spotify app on my lockscreen as if the music was...

• Music Fan
  • For some reason I can't seem to find what should be the simple option of not having my mobile phone show me what my spotify is playing on my desktop. Right now my mobile phone is constantly showing t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes