Premium

Country

Hungary

Device

OnePlus 6

Operating System

Android 10

My Question or Issue

This issue has been going on for a while now on my phone, I saw threads like this but they were all old and solved apparently. I have a Oneplus 6 with Android 10, and for 1-2 months now, occasionally when I open the app it just shows up blank. Sometimes when I open it multiple times it finally loads, but sometimes I have to force stop the app and clear the cache from the app settings for it to finally load. When it loads it does it quite slowly and fragmented(you can see the individual parts loading in one after the other). I have waited a while to see if an update fixes the issue, but it persists. Tried reinstalling the app as well. Currently I'm on version 8.6.2.774.

Screenshot_20210220-152428_copy.jpg
11 Replies

Hi @Trebronix,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

Sorry to hear that you're having such an experience with the app.

We'd recommend running a clean reinstall of the app. Please follow the steps from this Spotify Guide exactly, as this will assure that all app data is cleared completely, before reinstalling.

Also, make sure that Battery optimization is not enabled for Spotify from the system app settings, as well as that the app is granted all permissions. These settings could be hindering the performance of the app.

Keep us posted on how you get on with this.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have already tried reinstalling, but I've done what the instructions said in the link you've given and after uninstalling I removed the folder then shut the phone off and reinstalled again. I will test it for a day or two then get back to you with my findings in the thread.

Hi @Trebronix,

Thanks for keeping in touch and for letting us know that.

Take your time to try this for a few days to check if those steps made the difference. We'd also like to know if the same happens when you use a different internet connection. This would help us narrow down the possible cause of this issue.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

โ€œMusic acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.โ€โ€“ Maria von Trapp

I have just experienced the same issue again(blank homepage above). The reinstall doesn't seem to fix the issue sadly.
I experienced this issue through mobile data this time, but it has happened before with a wifi connection as well.

Hey @Trebronix

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. 

Could you let us know if the same thing happens when you log into your account using a different device?

If possible, you could also ask a friend or a family member to log into their account using your phone. This will help us see if the issue is related to your account or your device. 

Keep us posted.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey Novy,

I'm using Spotify on a Windows machine as well and it works fine, but I guess you meant an other Android device. I have an unused phone, I'll test it out on that, but I won't be able to use other people's phones because as I said the issue does not appear every time. I'll be testing on a Nexus 5X.

I doubt it's connected to my account though, because as I see it the app itself does not load, even basic elements are missing(buttons, panels etc.).

Hi again @Trebronix,

Thanks for keeping in touch.

Take your time to try it out on the other Android phone you have to see how it behaves. 

It would also be helpful if you could try logging in to a different account on your OnePlus phone. If you can't borrow someone else's account to test this, you can create a new free account using a different email.

Sometimes this kind of issues are related to an individual account and that's why we'd like you to test it, so we can narrow down the possible cause of the issue.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

CarlosEModerator

Thanks for the patience! The app works fine on the other phone. I think it may have something to do with the bluetooth since this issue only came up mostly when I was trying to listen to music so I connected my headphones then immediately started the app.

I tried this right now on my main phone, just turned the bluetooth on(did not connect headphones) and voila the app just doesn't load. I turn the bluetooth off and when I open it it starts with no isuues. I turn the bluetooth on again and the app wont start. If I don't turn the bluetooth off and try opening it again then it opens. It looks like opening the app after turning bluetooth on will always fail the first time.

Hi again @Trebronix,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

There seems to be indeed an issue related to your Bluetooth connection. Can you let us know what happens when you turn the Bluetooth on while the app is already open? Does it crash or just doesn't load anything new?

Also, make sure that Spotify has all permissions enabled and that there aren't any restrictions regarding connectivity on your phone's settings.

Keep us posted.

CarlosEModerator

When I turn the bluetooth on while the app is running then nothing happens, the app functions normally.
Also, the permissions are all granted.

Hey @Trebronix,

Thanks for your reply.

In this case, we recommend connecting your headphones or any other Bluetooth devices once the app is already open, as it looks like this issue is isolated to your device.

Let us know how it goes. If you have any questions, give us a shout.

Cheers!

CarlosEModerator

Suggested posts