Premium

Country

Poland

Device

Samsung Galaxy S10

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Hi, Spotify continues playing a music on smartphone after stop a car and disconnect with Android Auto, It didnt do that never before...

Do you have a solution?

10 Replies

Hey there @MarcinGWE

Thanks for reaching out about the Community. 

First up, it's well worth running a clean reinstall to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. This one is more thorough than the usual one. 

If this doesn't do the trick, could you try with a different phone to check if that makes the difference? 

Lastly, we'd like to know if this started happening after a specific event such as an update. 

Keep us posted on how it goes.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I have a Samsung S21. For the last few months Spotify will automatically load & keep playing when I disconnect from Android Auto. This is even the case if I have been listening to other media ie Audible. Have tried a clean reinstall but this didn't work. The issue seems to be Samsung related as this does not happen with the Pixel. I can also not stop the music in the Spotify App as it does not show the play bar. The only way to stop is to close the Spotify tab.

Hey @Rumrhi

Thanks for reaching out about this and welcome to the Community. 

Could you let us know if this is also happening when connecting your phone to a Bluetooth device such as a speaker? Also, we'd like to know if this started happening after a specific event, like an update. 

On another note, the folks at our tech team are currently looking into the issue with the missing "Now playing" bar on Android devices. We suggest that you make sure to vote for the Ongoing Issue here and to provide us with the info we're asking for in the Status update in the comments. Even though we can't set an exact time frame for when this will be fixed, it'll also be useful to Subscribe via the three-dots menu in the top right corner next to the title. We'll be sure to keep you updated with any news on the matter there.

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

This same thing is happening on my S21 since the most recent update. Spotify keeps running on my phone after using android auto in the car. 

I also have the S21 but what I've noticed on  mine is that if I'm playing Spotify everything is good but if I'm on a call & then stop the car, Spotify will play as soon as I disconnect.

Hey folks,

Thanks for posting in the Community about this.

We've forwarded this info to the relevant team, however we can't confirm when exactly it will be addressed. In the meantime, please make sure to keep your app up-to-date.

Take care,

MihailYModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I am also seeing this on Galaxy S21 FE. It only seems to happen if I change playlists/podcasts during the time that Android auto is connected.

Just ran into this problem for the first time (new user, new vehicle) this week. I shut the Gapless Playback off in the settings and so far it has worked. Fingers crossed... 

Jumping in here too. This has been happening across a couple different Pixel devices I've had and it's been going on for a while now.

I've tried disabling the "resume playback" feature in Android Auto which didn't make a difference. 

Currently running a Pixel 7 with Android 14 (it's happened on Android 13 as well).

Is there still no solution for this problem? My Pixel 7 suddenly started doing this and it's driving me insane.

The only thing I changed around the time the issue started was switching to a new account. Switching back to the old account does not make the problem go away though.

Suggested posts