Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify crashes when offline

Solved!

Spotify crashes when offline

Whenever i try to use Spotify while not connected to data or WiFi it crashes as soon as I go to the My Library section. Going into the settings for eksample is completely fine. Have only had this problem as of the last 24 hours.

I have seen others having the same issue and every suggestion to the sulotion is to re-install the app. I have already tried this twice and I'm still having the same issue.

If it is to any ekstra help I am on a Nexus 5x running Android 7.0

EDIT:
The issue has been submitted here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Spotify-force-closing-when-offline-Android/idi-p/145... . Please go to the thread linked and submit the info asked for there, rather than doing it here.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I have the same issue across 3 different Android devices, all since the latest update with daily mix. I have found that if I start playing music whilst online and then switch to offline the music continues to play. 

[EDIT - The lastest Beta version 6.3.0.879 (30th Sept) appears to resolve the problem ]

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

The Beta solved the issue but as suggested the very latest official Playstore update (v6.3.0.882) released on the 5th Oct 2016 now has fixed this bug. Thank you for pointing it out.

View solution in original post

20 Replies

Please read the guide linked below for details on the most common issues and how to fix them. Usually a clean install is the first step to take and resolves most of the usual issues; the guide details the steps to take to ensure a full 'clean installation' is achieved - This includes checking redundant folders, removing offline devices and a REBOOT!

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Both times I tried re-innstalling I followed every step of this guide, did not solve anything.

Same issue.
One plus3 + Android 6.0.1

Tried clearing the cache. Rebooting device after removing the app but it didn't worked.

I also have this problem. I've tried everthing (re-installing, clear cache etc.)

Note 4+Android 6.0.1

Yeah I can replicate this. It's not "force closing" but simply closing and appears in "Recent Apps". Easy to replicate by enabling airplane mode then selecting "Your Music".

A work-around seems to be to select "Your Music" before putting phone into airplane mode.

Someone want to report this as a bug? If you post a link here, we'll add our support.

I've been having this problem too and I just reported it. It's made premium useless for me, so hopefully they get it fixed quickly.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Spotify-force-closing-when-offline-Android/idi-p/145...

Thanks. I just added my vote.

Same for me, on Galaxy S6. Works fine online, setting to offline and browsing to "Your Library" kills it.

Tried the full clean install, still the same issue.

Same issue. Galaxy s5. Just started happening today.

Same issue here since the last update, Sony Exp E3 running Android 4.4.4..

Very annoying!

Same issue with Nexus 5x on Android ver. 6.0.1. Tried shut down, force stop, also uninstalled and reinstalled twice. Problem started after installing Spotify ver. 6.2.0.1028.

You really need to be posting here with the additional details requested if you want Spotify to fix it.

Marked as solution

I have the same issue across 3 different Android devices, all since the latest update with daily mix. I have found that if I start playing music whilst online and then switch to offline the music continues to play. 

[EDIT - The lastest Beta version 6.3.0.879 (30th Sept) appears to resolve the problem ]

Lovely!

But how do I get the beta version of Spotify?

@P8terstar wrote:

Lovely!

But how do I get the beta version of Spotify?

If you're not on the beta programme then you will have to manually download and install. I'm not sure if I can post links but a quick google search for the Spotify Beta will soon get you to APK Mirror.

Thank you very much!

I can confirm, the latest beta works offline!

Thanks again!

Hi

Had the same problem with a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" Tablet. Installed the Spotify Beta 6.3.0.879 as suggested...and all working perfectly.

Thanks for the help!

Just downloaden latest spotify Version and it is fixed now

To be clear: not the beta

For anyone who downloaded and installed the Beta version you may find that it won't automatically update to the latest release through the Playstore. If that happens just manually download the latest release from the same place you downloaded the Beta and manually install it in the same way as you installed the Beta.

It will update and future updates will work automatically again.

Suggested posts