Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify deleted itself after update

Solved!

Spotify deleted itself after update

I know this problem has been posted in here before but the solutions didn't help me at all. So as you can see in the subject, Spotify deleted itself after I updated my phone and and refuses to download, it won't even let me download the apk's. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Thanks for your patience with this @Niggroni. This is a really unusual issue, so it's taking some time to troubleshoot everything. Could you please see if it's possible to download Spotify Lite from the Google Play Store. Also, if all else fails, would you be willing to perform a factory reset on your device? 

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Hey @Niggroni, thanks for your post, and sorry to know you're unable to install Spotify at the moment.

Could you please let us know what model of phone you have as well as what version of Android you are running?

dinomightSpotify Star

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy A11 with Android 11

Thanks for the additional information! So, are you seeing any kind of specific error when you try to re-install the app, or is it simply not responding when you try to download it? If you are getting an error message, could you please take a screenshot and post it here?

Also, one potential solution you could try would be clearing the cache/data of the Google Play Store from your phone's settings, and then attempting to download Spotify again.

dinomightSpotify Star

So I did what you said and cleared the cache and data but the result is still the same, I can download anything else but Spotify

Screenshot_20210624-131723_Google Play Store.jpg

Screenshot_20210624-131946_Google Play Store.jpg

Thanks for trying that out. This sounds like behavior that would occur if your Play Store account is located in a country where Spotify is not available. Could you please confirm if all of your accounts are located in the same country?

dinomightSpotify Star

My 2nd account didn't have a country so I added my card and changed it to a US account but I still get the same error

Screenshot_20210624-174948_Google Play Store.jpg

Screenshot_20210624-181916_Google Play Store.jpg

Marked as solution

Thanks for your patience with this @Niggroni. This is a really unusual issue, so it's taking some time to troubleshoot everything. Could you please see if it's possible to download Spotify Lite from the Google Play Store. Also, if all else fails, would you be willing to perform a factory reset on your device? 

dinomightSpotify Star

I couldn't download it of the store but I found an apk and it worked. I could use this for now until there is a way I can get Spotify back on my phone

Thanks for the update @Niggroni. Unfortunately, I think this is the extent of troubleshooting we can do at the moment without a factory reset, but I'm glad you are able to listen to your music at least in the meantime. 

dinomightSpotify Star

Suggested posts