Premium

Country

Netherlands

Device

Samsung S10

Operating System

Android 10, UI 2.5

My Question or Issue

Since a few weeks my Spotify doesn't work properly. When starting up the first 10 seconds are okay. I can play songs and switch to others. After those seconds the pause/play button doesn't work anymore, I can click whatever I want but nothing reacts. Scrolling between time doesn't work. Moving to another song doesn't. Even closing the app doesn't, it keeps on playing. I did a little waiting game afterwards: clicked on a new song, after half a minute, the song started the play. The other song just went on 'till the other played.

Look at the file attached; the song even goes over the ending? Happens with all of them. 

Tried all things online:

Clearing cache, logging out, deleting folders, unninstal and reinstall, reboot phone, factory settings.. 

So in a good way: tell me what to do, fix the problem or anything. Fast respons since I have this issue for like 10 weeks now.

Thanks in advance,

Dylan

2 Replies

The attachement.

Screenshot_20201210-195133_Spotify.jpg

Hi there @MusicPlatform,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Can you try running a clean reinstall of the app, following the steps from this Spotify Answer exactly?

If that doesn't change anything, can you ask a friend to log in with their account on your device, or create a new free account with another email address and check whether the app crashes and behaves the same way with the other account?

Let us know how it goes 🙂

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts