Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify doesn't automatically switch to car mode

Spotify doesn't automatically switch to car mode

I am using Spotify on my car's android head unit. I've set it up to always go into car mode (settings -> switch to car mode -> always). However, after I reopen the app, it's  back into the normal mode and it doesn't even prompt me to switch to car mode. 

Top Answer
MihailY

Hey everyone,

Apologies for the confusion, you’re currently seeing a recent change we’ve made.

We’re always testing possible improvements, so you or someone else may see something new or get a limited feature temporarily on the app.

You're welcome to share your feedback so we can pass it along to the proper team.

Cheers,

18 Replies

Hey there @bogdanc2011,

Thank you for your post.

Can you try to reinstall Spotify and see if the issue persist?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Thank you, the problem has been solved after reinstallation.

Hi @bogdanc2011

Thanks for getting back to us. 

We're happy to hear that everything is now working as it should.

If anything else comes up, we're always a message away. 

Have a lovely day 🙂

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Have reinstalled  3 times still not working

Hey @Jacdes,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for joining the conversation.

This type of issue is commonly related to some damaged cache stored on your device. We understand you've already tried some troubleshooting steps including reinstalling, but to be sure that we're on the same page - did you use the steps for a clean reinstall mentioned in this article? This is often an overlooked step, but it's more thorough than a quick one and can be helpful in getting rid of any cache that might be causing trouble.

If the issue persists, include in your next response the make, model and OS version of your device, along with the Spotify version you're currently running to continue investigating the case.

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Did everything  clear cache reinstalled  7 times app version 8.7.92.521 still want go into car mode! Help that's what I pay for!

Hi @Jacdes,

Thanks for reaching out. Could you please provide us the following:

• The exact makes, models and OS/Firmware versions of all your affected devices
  • Is this on all devices or only on specific one(s)?
  • Screenshots or a video of the behaviour

With this information, we’d be happy to investigate.

Keep us posted.

JoanModerator

i have an iphone 14pro and a 2013 seat leon with a bluetooth unit from factory and my app doesn’t show car mode ever. yet on my old corsa where i had a bluetooth dongle as it didn’t support it from factory my app then showed car view. is there any known fix for this??

Hey @AaronTanti,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

The behavior you mention can be due to a number of factors such as the OS, infotainment system, factory settings and limitations from certain devices. However, we appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us. Rest assured, we'll pass it onto the right teams at Spotify, as we always strive to improve your experience.

We'll keep working on improving the app, but we can't guarantee when or if this will be addressed.

In the meantime, we advise that you keep your Spotify app up to date with the latest version, so that you don't miss out on any fixes and developments coming your way.

Cheers! 

LyubkaModerator

I have the same issue. I tried re-installing the app to no avail. iPhone 13mini on ios17.0.3 and the car is a Lexus Nx300h with factory Bluetooth/radio etc. I also have an Amazon Alexa auto gen2 in the car. Whenever that is left unplugged, the problem doesn’t arise. I’m assuming it’s somehow overriding the Spotify app. 

I am having the same problem. Car mode doesn’t go on anymore so the canvas and small buttons are a distraction for driving. It has the car icon at the bottom but isn’t going into the mode. I have reinstalled and cleared Spotify 5 times and still no resolution to the problem. 

I am running Spotify app 8.9.8 on a iPhone 13pro in a 2012 Hyundai Tucson stock Bluetooth head unit stereo.

it used to automatically connect and now it just all of the sudden does not and i have done everything on the website that it says to do. It’s making me feel crazy! 

Hi Jeremy 

I uninstalled and reinstalled and still not working

Hey folks, 

Thanks for your replies.

For anyone still experiencing this, please share the make, model, OS version and Spotify version of the affected devices (if you haven't already) so we can forward this to the relevant team.

Cheers,

MihailYModerator

Still experiencing this.  Phone is an iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 17.3.1.  I have connected to Bluetooth dongles in the past, and car mode initiated and kept the screen from sleeping.  Now it does not.  I have used both a Tunai Firefly and recently a UGREEN-CM723 for the Bluetooth connection.  The phone is held in place with a magsafe wireless charger.  The UGreen is not recognized as a car.  Is it possible to designate a bluetooth connection as a car in the app?

Also, is it possible that the car mode was turned off and there's a different setting to turn it on somewhere?  For the life of me, I cannot find where, but just have to ask. 

Hey everyone,

Apologies for the confusion, you’re currently seeing a recent change we’ve made.

We’re always testing possible improvements, so you or someone else may see something new or get a limited feature temporarily on the app.

You're welcome to share your feedback so we can pass it along to the proper team.

Cheers,

MihailYModerator

Is there a way to turn car mode back on?

What does this generic response actually mean in this instance instance?

Spotify is thinking my android head unit is phone and there is no setting to force or turn car mode on.

I have also issues when I turn my head unit in car it will play music on my last device which is usually my phone.

So I have always select option "this phone" lol what is really annoying.

Suggested posts