Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify doesn't work in Wifi

Spotify doesn't work in Wifi

Hello dear forum

I'm getting mighty desperate:

I've recently bought the Samsung Galaxy Tab S (newest firmware update) and wanted to install Spotify. This has worked well, but I can not log in an existing WLAN connection. In other WLAN networks it works, mobile data also works. Exactly I have the same problem on my Samsung Galaxy S3.

Here's what I've tried:

In other WLAN networks it works. With the Computer I can start Spotify without problems in this Home-Wlan. It doesn't work only with the tablet and the smartphone.

Via Mobile data is also not a problem (hotspot with smartphone/tablet works, too).

I have the app CleanMaster on the phone and was thinking that this one probably bother - but even if you uninstall the problem.

And now the strangest thing about the whole story:

If I am with the tablet via the hotspot of the phone (mobile data) in Spotify everything works. If I then switch the WLAN (away from the hot spot and into the home network), then works Spotify continues without problems. Yesterday I was able to a few hours listening to music. Once I sign off, however, I can not log in anymore.

Once there I managed me log on via the WLAN (as I have previously changed my PW at Spotify), but then came on all sides the message that I was offline.

I'm totally desperate and have no idea what all this might be. For me, it all makes no sense at all - can anyone help me? Would be nice !!!

for the german people:

Falls hier jemand Deutsch kann, auch gerne auf deutsch antworten ;-). Problem nochmal auf deutsch:

ich bin gerade mächtig am Verzweifeln:

Ich habe mir letztens das Samsung Galaxy Tab S gekauft (neuestes Firmware-Update) und wollte Spotify installieren. Dies hat auch geklappt, jedoch kann ich mich bei einer bestehenden Wlan-Verbindung nicht einloggen. In anderen Wlan-Netzen funktioniert es, mobile Daten funktionieren auch Genau das gleiche Problem habe ich auch auf meinem Samsung Galaxy S3.

Folgendes habe ich schon versucht:

In anderen Wlan-Netzen funktioniert es. Allerdings kann ich mit dem PC auch ohne Probleme Spotify über das besagte Heim-Wlan hören.

Auch über Mobile Daten ist es kein Problem (auch wenn ich im Handy ein Hotspot mache und mich dann übers Tablet einlogge - funktioniert).

Ich habe die App Clean Master auf dem Handy und habe mir überlegt, dass diese vllt stört - aber auch bei einer Deinstallation besteht das Problem.

Und nun das Merkwürdigste an der ganzen Geschichte:

Wenn ich mich mit dem Tablet über den Hotspot des Handys (also mobile Daten) in Spotify einlogge funktioniert alles. Wenn ich dann das Wlan wechsle (also weg vom Hotspot und rein in das Heimnetzwerk), dann funktioniert Spotify ohne Probleme weiter. Gestern konnte ich so einige Stunden lang Musik hören. Sobald ich mich allerdings abmelde, kann ich mich nicht mehr anmelden.

Einmal ist es mir auch gelungen mich über das Wlan einzuloggen (indem ich vorher mein PW bei Spotify geändert habe), allerdings kam dann auf allen Seiten die Nachricht, dass ich offline sei.

Ich bin total am Verzweifeln und habe keinen blassen Schimmer, woran das alles liegen könnte. Für mich ergibt das alles überhaupt keinen Sinn - kannn mir jemand helfen? Wäre super!!!

11 Replies

Same problem here, since today, I am also from Germany.

In additon: I experience those difficulties with my iPad and iPhone.

Same problem for me in the UK on my Samsung galaxy s5 e we since I "reset to factory settings"

Same exact problem!

I'm under wifi and with pc i have no problem, but with the smertphone, it keeps saying that i'm offline, even if it's not true. Fun fact, if i switch to another network (exì. my neighbour network) all work like a charm. Also under mobile connection all seems to work perfectly. With my personal wifi network it doesn't work. 

p.s. I'm a premium user 

@user-removed wrote:

Same exact problem!

I'm under wifi and with pc i have no problem, but with the smertphone, it keeps saying that i'm offline, even if it's not true. Fun fact, if i switch to another network (exì. my neighbour network) all work like a charm. Also under mobile connection all seems to work perfectly. With my personal wifi network it doesn't work. 

p.s. I'm a premium user 

Sorry for that!

Have you tried to reinstall app or your router?

Already tried. But I'm a bit annoyed. I've chosen the premium versions because if the possibility of having playlist and music, but if the app doesn't with I have no reason to pay for this service.

Hi, I'm from Italy and I have the same problem!
When I open Spotify and I am connected to my WLAN the app seems to be offline. When I connect spotify with my 3G network then I can listen to the music.
The most strange thing is that also my friends with their own smartphone cannot listening to the music when they are connected to my own WLAN! This problem is driving me crazy 😞

Same problem, here on an iPhone 5C, also from Germany.

Same problem here. Italy.

Premium.

Same problem here! Got anyone a solution?

I found a solution:

switch from IPv4/IPv6 to IPv6/IPv4

in your mobile data settings on your phone

Suggested posts