Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify doesnt connect to Alexa.

Spotify doesnt connect to Alexa.

I am using latest android os with 3rd generation Alexa (it also doesnt connect to my older Alexa or Dot). It just hangs on the connecting status. Occasionally it will connect but the tracks wont play. 

This is a recent thing as it used to work fine.

Plan

Premium

Country

Uk

Device

Samsung S10

Operating System

Android  latest version 

My Question or Issue

27 Replies

I didnt transfer the albums. I found a few of them again and saved them again.

They work if you go to the 'find album' option in the menu with the 3 dots at the top. Also they play if you save the album as a playlist, just not as a saved album.

Hi all, I've been havin issues as well in the past while trying to connect Spotify to Alexa and controlling it via app/desktop.

In the Android app, I was getting stuck at the "connecting" phase: in order to get it to work I had to unlink and re-link my Spotify account in the Alexa app. On the other hand, it was working flawlessly from the desktop version of Spotify.

At some point it stopped working on desktop as well and I tried every suggestion found in this forum/reddit/etc. (unlink & re-link, uninstall & install again, reset modem, ...) except one last thing that I tried and did work:

1. Open the Spotify app (referring to Android)
  2. Open the listed devices tab (not sure about the English name, it's the icon in the bottom left on the reproduction page.
  3. Tap the 3 dots on the right of the Echo device you're trying to connect to and select "forget device".
  4. Tell Alexa "Spotify connect": Echo should appear again in your device list and connect succesfully

Thanks IacoMaic. I can now connect to Alexa after starting another account. The problem is now playing saved albums through Alexa. Are you using Android and can you play a saved album (playlists work) when connected to Alexa ?

Yes, everything works fine for me now: by voice commands and by using my Android phone or laptop to select songs, on both playlists and albums

It must be a problem with my Samsung S10 as I have a cheap Lenovo tablet that I just tried with my new spotify account and it works fine.

Hi @djb8000000,

Can you make sure your device is fully updated ?

Thanks for your patience and cooperation 🙂

All devices are the latest version.

Hey there @djb8000000,

Thanks for confirming! 

Can you also tell us if this issue only happens with Alexa or also with other Connect devices?  

Keep us posted!

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts