Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify dont send Track Infos over Bluetooth in Notification Mode

Spotify dont send Track Infos over Bluetooth in Notification Mode

Description

Trackinfos over Bluetooth not getting Transfered while Spotify runs as Notification / Phone locked => Spotify starting up over Bluetooth Pairing

What are the steps you took to get to the error/issue?

When start Driving in my BMW Car, Bluetooth gets Paired and Spotify starts up as Notification and continue Playing.

This Happens with my Android Phone while its in my Pocket (Phone locked).

Only Problem:

The Track info in my I-Drive BMW Car Radio doenst Pick up the current Trackinfo.

To Fix this i have to unlock my Phone and start the Spotify App in Fullscreen, my Radio now picks the current Trackinfo immediately.

The Bug only happens when my Phone is Screenlocked and the Spotify App is not running

What I expected to happen

The Spotify App should send the Trackinfos in Notification Mode too.

Did you restart your device when troubleshooting in section B?

Yes

Did you read the connection troubleshooting tips?

Yes

Your device

Google Nexus 4

Device’s Operating System

Android 4.4.1

What type of account do you have?

Premium

(FYI for the below points: Android devices tend to refer to the internal memory as "SD Card" and the SD card you inserted yourself as "External SD Card")

Space left on your device

4 GB

Space left on your SD card (if applicable)

only internal

Space left on your External SD card (if applicable)

only internal

Is your device rooted?

No

Are you using a custom ROM, if so which one, exactly?

No

Did you set your external SD card as storage location?

No

Did you manually install an older version before installing the latest version from the Play Store?

No

Do you have the same issue when switching between WiFi/Mobile Data (If applicable)?

Yes

If you said "No", when does the issue not occur?

-

My mobile Spotify version

0.7.4.608.g206da179

My desktop Spotify version (if applicable)

-

My mobile provider and country

Unitiymedia, DE

My username

habbi

Do you have a Spotify (non-Facebook) login?

No

Are you logging in with Facebook or with your Spotify login details?

Facebook login

Do you have any screenshots you can attach to more clearly explain your issue?

-

4 Replies

Spotify doesn't officially support AVRCP but you may want to add your support to this idea.

Oh ok, its working pretty well already except for this little Bug.

Keep up the good work!

This problem is mind-boggling to me and a sad example of how bad the Android Spotify software is.  There has been a hack for this since at least April of 2012 that is apparently easy enough that people continue to patch the app unofficially to get Bluetooth support, yet Spotify can't be bothered to add this feature officially (all the work is done!)  

The most recent patched version is 0.7.1.399, which is pretty close to the most current version.  Here is a link to download.  Just uninstall your current Spotify app and open this apk file.  You may need to allow installation of unsigned apps in your phone's settings.  Unfortunately the app won't update via the play store so you need to manually uninstall Spotify and download a new patched version to update every so often (and redownload all local music files), not that there is ever a significant difference in the updated versions anyway.  I often update with false hope that Bluetooth metadata will be added or my notifications will finally stop interrupting my music.  It also requires a non-facebook login.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Spotify on Android!  My recommendation: get an iPhone (the app is much better for iOS) or get Google Music All Access.  This app has been garbage for years.

I was surprised today when i changed my kenwood carplayer from my old car to new on and this worked.

Still something weird like over bluetooth subwoofer stays silent...

But I think that is more like kenwood and android problem...

Bluetooth devices are garbage... buy one expect that nothing works...

Suggested posts