Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify has been pauzed because my account is being used some else

Solved!

Spotify has been pauzed because my account is being used some else

The error is in Dutch, but still, this is what I get somethimes while playing Spotify on my computer.

(translation error: "Spotify has been paused because your account is used somewhere else")

I do have a phone on wich I'm using spotify as well, but why is my computer not able to play spotify when my phone is logged in? The Premium service should support 3 carriers right? For example a computer, a mobile and a tablet all at once, right?

If I play music at home, and I go out playing music on my mobile, I don't want the music at home being pauzed cauze of this useless message I constantly get.

Does anyone know if I can turn this of? Or if there is a different way to use both carriers at the same time in online-mode?

Thank you,

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello there,

Spotify is only licensed for personal use - So sadly, you won't be able to play tracks on the same account on two different devices at the same time. 

Airhorn Enthusiast

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hello there,

Spotify is only licensed for personal use - So sadly, you won't be able to play tracks on the same account on two different devices at the same time. 

Airhorn Enthusiast

Yep you can't play music on two online devices simultaneously. Sync your playlists for offline listening and use the phone in offline mode though and you wont have that issue ...

The three device thing you mention relates the the maximum number of devices you can have offline syncing enabled for at any on time
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

Are there any plans to change this? .... i have a premium account and want to listen in multiple rooms in my house (library and then go to the kitchen and listen .... or have my wife and I listen to different music

Hello,

Family subscriptions is one of the more popular ideas on our community - Add kudos to that thread to register your interest. 

Airhorn Enthusiast

Hello,

I've got the same problem. Also in Dutch my accounct tells its been used on an other device and got paused cause of that. However, my account is NOT been used on an other device on that moment! I'm the only user on that time. I only use spotfy on my iPhone and iPad) and i dont use them on the same time (cause i know it wont work).

I reset my password and used the online function to log off on every device a couple times now. No result. The problem isnt fixed by that steps.

The problem happens about 5 times a day and i'm whispering to cancel my spotify premium and get an deezer account cause of that.

Hope to hear from you!

Kind regards, Kees Arts

Suggested posts