Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New Android Feature: Swipe to queue songs

Android users voiced their feedback and Spotify has listened. This feature was previously only available in the iOS app. You can now swipe to queue songs in the Android app! This new feature is currently rolling out to Premium users so you should see...

AndroidSwipeToQueue.gif
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Carter158
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 41 likes
  • 19 replies
  • 41 likes

New Your Library view

Spotify has introduced a new version of Your Library to mobile users of the iOS and Android apps. Come on over to the main Community thread to get an overview of what's new and share your feedback: New Your Library view (iOS & Android)

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • iavned
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Android app doesn't pause when bluetooth connection is lost

I use bluetooth headphones and bluetooth in my car when using spotify from my Nexus 5 (2013) running android 6.0. For over almost two years with the Spotify Android app, I've been in the habit of expecting that the app will recognize when the bluetoo...

• Music Fan
  • I use bluetooth headphones and bluetooth in my car when using spotify from my Nexus 5 (2013) running android 6.0.   For over almost two years with the Spotify Android app, I've been in the hab...
  • lunchboxdc
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 6 likes

Solved!! Não consigo entrar no spotify pelo app no android

Boa tarde,À dois dias tento acessar minha conta e não consigo.Colocando nome de usuário e senha para logar, a seguinte mensagem é passada: "voce ja criou uma conta com este endereço de email spotify"Mas eu estou tentando logar, e nao fazer uma conta ...

• Boa tarde, À dois dias tento acessar minha conta e não consigo. Colocando nome de usuário e senha para logar, a seguinte mensagem é passada: "voce ja criou uma conta com este endereço de email s...
  • Clavaroide
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes

Egregious negligence on behalf Spotify. Can't save to SD card.

There is absolutely no way to save to SD card on my Zenfone 2. Your solutions are so roundabout and nonsensical that they're pushing me towards dropping my premium subscription. I've been a loyal customer for years but this is complete bull. Please h...

• Casual Listener
  • There is absolutely no way to save to SD card on my Zenfone 2. Your solutions are so roundabout and nonsensical that they're pushing me towards dropping my premium subscription. I've been a loyal cus...
  • nicolaconte310
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Lack of customer service
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify?

I see all these questions AND answers from users. where's spotify?

• I see all these questions AND answers from users. where's spotify?
  • OviiiOne
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

app wont auto play over car BT :/

hi team,would be really cool if this worked the app just wont auto play a selected playlist when connecting to car BT have to do it manuallythanksdan btw - htc m8 4.4.2 and car is vw mk6 using rns 510 unit

• Not applicable
  • hi team, would be really cool if this worked 😕 the app just wont auto play a selected playlist when connecting to car BT 😞 have to do it manually thanks dan   btw - htc m8 4.4.2 and...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Probleme mit Lokaler Musik Android

Hallo, ich habe ein Problem mit meiner Lokalen Musik auf meinem Android Gerät.Ich habe die Quelle auf meinem Computer hinzugefügt, die Lokale Musik in meine Playlist eingefügt und kann diese auf meinem PC hören, alles gut.Jedoch werden diese Lieder d...

• Casual Listener
  • Hallo,   ich habe ein Problem mit meiner Lokalen Musik auf meinem Android Gerät. Ich habe die Quelle auf meinem Computer hinzugefügt, die Lokale Musik in meine Playlist eingefügt und kann die...
  • Der_Klaine
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Uninstalling

I uninstall the app without first manually deleting the downloaded music in the app, do I need to manually delete them first or else they will be left in the phone memory?

• I uninstall the app without first manually deleting the downloaded music in the app, do I need to manually delete them first or else they will be left in the phone memory?
  • jean3601
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Android

For some time I have used spotify android to play via bluetooth in car. Till now when i left the car the playing paused and when i returned to the car it resumed. Great. Now however if I leave the car spotify keeps playing on the phone in my pocket. ...

• For some time I have used spotify android to play via bluetooth in car. Till now when i left the car the playing paused and when i returned to the car it resumed. Great. Now however if I leave the ca...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Podcasts????

Heard a lot about podcasts coming to spotify but after research it seems it has been "coming" all year???? Anyone able to clarify?

• Heard a lot about podcasts coming to spotify but after research it seems it has been "coming" all year???? Anyone able to clarify?
  • jean3601
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Unbelievable amount of data usage on background

I'm shocked to see how much data spotify used this month just on background. What's wrong with it?

• I'm shocked to see how much data spotify used this month just on background.  What's wrong with it? 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • background
    data
    Usage
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Marantz issues again SR 7009 - Plays and then disconnects and becomes undiscoverable

Marantz SR 7009 having issues with spotify again. this is becoming more and more annoying. it works for a minute then cuts out. causing the marantz network to disconnect. this was fixed previously but since the new update its doing it again. using an...

• Marantz SR 7009 having issues with spotify again.  this is becoming more and more annoying.   it works for a minute then cuts out.  causing the marantz network to disconnect.  ...
  • StuDarke
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Local files won't sync

Hi, I have this problem for quite a while and I thought there will be a fix but nothing changed. I can't listen to my local files. On the dektop app it works fine but the songs don't get synced to my android...I can't klick on them. Edit: This is a c...

Untitled.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I have this problem for quite a while and I thought there will be a fix but nothing changed.   I can't listen to my local files. On the dektop app it works fine but the songs don'...
  • Regular
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify getting suddenly much louder on Samsung S5

I'm a Premium subscriber. When I'm listening Spotify on my Samsung S5 Android, the music gets suddenly much louder after a while. This is painful, shocking and probably bad for my ears. I use many other sound applications, too, and none of them behav...

• I'm a Premium subscriber.   When I'm listening Spotify on my Samsung S5 Android, the music gets suddenly much louder after a while. This is painful, shocking and probably bad for my ears. I us...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

LG G3 Won't play music and randomly stops if it does

The past two weeks Spotify has slowly stopped working. It started by stopping playing music after sometime now it won't event play anything it just sits there like it's loading. I have tried reinstalling and clearing data. Seems to be a known problem...

• Casual Listener
  • The past two weeks Spotify has slowly stopped working. It started by stopping playing music after sometime now it won't event play anything it just sits there like it's loading. I have tried reinstal...
  • ExQ
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

No snowflakes!

Now we're getting closer to Christmas, let me be the first to say.... Don't you dare put those a.d.d snowflakes on my phone spotify haha. For the love of god please please keep the annoying white dots off the app this year. Who's with me? Anyone? Cri...

• Roadie
  • Now we're getting closer to Christmas, let me be the first to say.... Don't you dare put those a.d.d snowflakes on my phone spotify haha. For the love of god please please keep the annoying white dot...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't log in?

I use Spotify pretty much every day. Today I opened the app and was logged out (I didn't do it, my fb was still logged in, idk what caused this) and since then if I try to log in it asks me to log into fb (even though its logged in on my browser), te...

• I use Spotify pretty much every day. Today I opened the app and was logged out (I didn't do it, my fb was still logged in, idk what caused this) and since then if I try to log in it asks me to log in...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    facebok login
    Mobile
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Note 5 spotify not working. help :(

I recently got a note 5 and have been using spotify with it for about a week now but it isn't working at all. Whenever I close the app the widget that should show up when u pull down the screen doesn't but the music keeps playing and everything and i...

• I recently got a note 5 and have been using spotify with it for about a week now but it isn't working at all. Whenever I close the app the widget that should show up when u pull down the screen doesn...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Going in circles trying to log in to droid - There is a problem logging in???? The very definiftion of insanity = doing the same thing expecting different results.... What is the fix for this?

• Going in circles trying to log in to droid - There is a problem logging in????   The very definiftion of insanity = doing the same thing expecting different results....   What is ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Android Auto Voice Search Broken

When I try to initiate a voice search with Android auto, Spotify comes up with a "Spotify is not working right now" message. This also happens when the app first starts and I have to click out of it and reopen it a few times for it to work.

• Roadie
  • When I try to initiate a voice search with Android auto, Spotify comes up with a "Spotify is not working right now" message. This also happens when the app first starts and I have to click out of it ...
  • SlamminScotty
  • Casual Listener
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    android auto
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Music stops playing : THIS WORKS (for me)

Since the last update to the app, I have been having the issue with music stopping mid-track (playing offline, not linked to internet/wifi or Bluetooth).Completely random, might cut out on the first track, or the tenth, or not at all.Using LG G3 and ...

• Roadie
  • Since the last update to the app, I have been having the issue with music stopping mid-track (playing offline, not linked to internet/wifi or Bluetooth). Completely random, might cut out on the...
  • Killavirus
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes