UK

Mobile

Huawei P20 pro

OS

EMUI 9 / Windows 10

Firewall s/w

COMODO Firewall, my AV doesn't block this

Question

I've been syncing a bunch of local songs to my phone, which requires me to disable my software firewall. That's fine, but I might be doing this quite commonly, so would like to know what port Spotify uses to sync local files across the network? Just won't need to disable my firewall every time in that scenario 🙂 

I've got no ports opened on comodo for Spotify, apart from ports it requests open during install/first launch. 

3 Replies

Hey there @Mozza7,

Thanks for reaching out to us! 

There is no available ports info we could provide you with at the moment. Hence, we can confirm that you'll need to disable and enable the firewall every time you would like to sync local files. We hope you understand. 

Please let us know if there's anything else we could help with 🙂

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Hello,

I use Linux and a local Firewall. Don't tell us to disable it, it is a security non-sense.

Please, which ports, or range of ports, to open in order to have local file sync working?

Regards.

After a lot of trial and error, I found out that it uses the port 57621, both tcp and udp. After adding it to my firewall, local file sync works immediately.

Also like Lox_ said, having to disable your entire firewall just to transfer local files is a very bad idea. You know better than that Spotify!

Suggested posts